7 days! How was your first week?

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
One week done! No matter how big or small your successes and changes, great job showing up!
How are you feeling? What has gone well? What changes do you want to make to keep you on track or push you further towards your goal?

I'm pretty proud of myself for the progress and dedication I've shown over the past week. It feels great to finally be taking action to fix the problem instead of just complaining about my weight. I'm the only one to blame for the weight I had gained and I'm the only one who can make the right choices to get rid of it. It's time to take pride in myself and treat myself well with what my body needs...plenty of movement and healthy foods.

Today:
as always, stick to the food plan. Weigh, track, no beer, no chips
swim 1250 m
run 1 mile
give myself a pedi!

Have a great day!
iuq9pappbgzw.png

Replies

• mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Met all my goals yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good about myself actually. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am in control of my mind regarding food. I haven't been perfect (last Friday and Saturday) but I didn't beat myself up about it or quit. I've been very consistent about tracking.

Today:
    Two 25 min walks
    Bootcamp
    Keep track of food, water and stay under daily budget

Listened to a motivational speech this morning and it reminded me that --

I'm better today because of what I did yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 that's how I feel too...control. We've got this!
    What was the motivational speech?

• mrsshots2011
    Options
    I've got a station on my podcast called Keep Yourself Motivated. It's just random speeches from athletes (so far). Today was The Rock - Dewayne Johnson. They are pretty darn good. Makes me feel a lot of pride in myself knowing I did something yesterday that 90% of the population didn't. :)
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I forgot to post my goals for today

Today is going to be a weird day, so I'm not sure what I am going to be able to do. I would like to weight train today, but my dog has a vet appointment with a new vet who uses alternative methods of treatment. My dog is over 13 years old and she is having some weakness in her back legs. I don't want to give her more pills, so I am trying alternative methods. The appointment is 2 hours and is messing up my schedule, but I am going to really try to fit my workout in today.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job on a successful week 1 everyone!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’œ

I started MFP 2 weeks before I joined this group, so this was actually my week 3. However like @taxgirl1 said -- this group has been super helpful for accountability and to keep myself focused. I can totally imagine a world where I would start to lose focus and motivation after I started feeling a little lighter and better, but having to report in here is keeping me honest w myself 🌈🌞

I'm excited for this week because I'm going to weigh myself and see my 1 month progress next Wednesday (right before Zoom Thanksgiving feasts) πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I have managed to stay under every day for the past 3 weeks, so my goal is to stay on track this week too. I'll feel so much better about my Thanksgiving feasts "cheat day" if I've rocked it for a month straight.

My goals this week are:
    -stay under on calories every day
    -2+ bike rides
    -spend more time chillin in the pool now that it's sunny again
    -keep taking daily walk w Jamey
    -start making sure to stretch for 5 mins before and after exercise (including walks)

Keep going amigas!! 🌈🌈🌈
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    Way to go everyone! I'm so glad y'all are getting something from this group! I definitely am :smile:
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    I've got a station on my podcast called Keep Yourself Motivated. It's just random speeches from athletes (so far). Today was The Rock - Dewayne Johnson. They are pretty darn good. Makes me feel a lot of pride in myself knowing I did something yesterday that 90% of the population didn't. :)

Thanks! Got it!
  • mrsshots2011
    Options
    It’s under motivational speeches and the one I’m listening to is Keep Yourself Motived Here is a picture from my phone.
    6o0zqkqcd5sz.png
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    got my days messed up. Swimming is tomorrow, not today. Did get my 1 mile run in. Food choices were decent. Didn't spend much time with the horses yet again....so much wind! I'm so over it!