8 days down, 162 to go

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Good morning!
It's Friday!

One reason I started this group was a selfish one. I knew that posting a daily accountability thread would help keep me on track, keep me positive and motivate me as I try to encourage everyone to keep pushing towards their goals. So far, it's been easy. I've felt good about my journey and happy to have others along for the ride. Today is the day that I'm reaching deep to find my strength. I'm sore, tired and a little depressed. Everything has been work this week and there has been very little fun or enjoyment. My horses are my main therapy and because of constant, strong winds, I have spent little time with them. Feeling low this morning is a clear sign that I need to spend more time doing things I truly love. Today's main focus will be reconnecting with my horses, to my passion. Without incorporating time to do what we love, without recharging our souls, the likelihood of staying strong in our commitment to putting in the work to lose weight is decreased. If we want to make life-long changes, we need to take a holistic approach. As we cut calories and add exercise, I think it's important to also cut out the negatives in our lives and add things that feed our souls. Today, I will swim, track calories, run a mile and give myself the time to recharge with my boys.

Have a great day everyone and please join me in spending some time doing something fun that makes you happy! As always, thanks for being here. I'm proud of all of you!

Paree
lstiadshimau.png

Replies

• gallantria
    gallantria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Morning.

Having a rough start to the morning. I weigh myself every morning and I think that is backfiring. For two days I weighed 340.2, then yesterday at 340.4, and then today at 341.4! I have been eating under my budget and going to the gym. I know that weight fluctuates, but I am so excited to be under 340.

Goals for today;
    - Stay under calorie budget
    - Drink 65oz of water
    - Go to the gym
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    @jaderbacon - do not let it get to you, it’s just a fake number, and here’s why:
    1) you should have had an extra 3500 calories on top of your maintenance number, since yesterday morning, to have an extra pond of fat
    2) you ate under calories for a number of days
    3) you exercised and went to the gym consistently for a week (or more) and burned extra calories

If the exercise routine it’s relatively new, or harder than before, then surely your muscles are holding onto extra water.

Someone here said to plan on things we can control, like how much, how often we eat/exercise, and never on scale drops, and reward ourselves for the work well done, ideally not with food.
    Congrats on following thru with food and exercise for an entire week!
  • MrsAcyprus2015
    MrsAcyprus2015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm having a crazy week at work but thankfully it is friday!!

I've done well on plan this week all week but today is time of the month :(

It's weigh day tomorrow too and I have 0.8lbs off of 2 stone loss so fingers crossed!!!
  • mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Well yesterday morning and afternoon were good. I did all my goals and then I went home. I ended up having a few beers (11...yep I typed 11) with my husband. This was my dinner. :( I new I had extra calories from my exercising but wasn't for sure if I would go over my calorie budget. I entered them in this morning for yesterday. I stayed under the budget but I'm pretty disappointed that I had that many. NO ALOCOHOL this weekend.

I listened to one of the motivational speeches this morning and for me it really is putting a fire under me to not quit. I don't like taking the time to enter all my food. I know that if I just continue to do it it will become a habit. If I can learn to love the tracking, after I loose the weight I will be able to maintain it.

Checking in everyday has been extremely helpful to me and I'm so thankful Paree was sooo selfish and started this group. :smiley:

today:
    get 10,000 steps in
    stay under calorie budget

@3greyhorses - I really hope that the wind dies down and you are able to enjoy your horses. It sounds wonderful.

@tinacuso - Your are welcome and I hope you enjoy them as much as I am. If you don't and find something else let me know.

@jaderbacon - When I first did WW years ago I fluctuated a lot and it was very aggravating. I was advised to weigh myself twice a day to see what foods might be triggering the fluctuation. So I weighed in the morning as soon as I got up and then weighed again in the evening around 6:00. After doing this almost a month I figured out that I can gain up to 10 lbs in one day if I eat anything really high in sodium like chips, processed lunch meat, pickles and stuff like that. When I started cutting these out I stopped the fluctuating. I still will eat them I just don't do it daily. Anyway something to think about trying. It might help you get under that 340 mark. No matter what you got this!!!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!!!
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I went over calories yesterday because I gave into an ice cream temptation when I knew that I was out of calories and wasn’t going to exercise again. Oh well.
    🤷🏻‍♀️ Everyday is a new day, right?
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    My goals this week, for Fri 11/20:
    - to only eat back 1/4-1/3 of the exercise calories and stop there ✅, 5/7
    - ride bike 2x 30 minutes, ✅, 2/2
    - bonus activity: while I was waiting for my work computer to finish some upgrades, I danced to the music my husband was listening in the other room

Writing here every day really works.
    Who said you can’t teach an old dog?
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @melissalan it happens! did you actually go over your TDEE calories? Or did you just not eat as far under as you'd hoped to?

For what it's worth, my calorie goal is set at like 500 calories a day under my TDEE, so even if I go, say, 100 calories over my goal, I'm actually still eating at a 400 calorie deficit for the day. Obviously we want to reach our goals every day, but it's good to remember these things for perspective :smiley:

I'm so glad my tummy can't handle ice cream anymore. I had some serious cravings for it a few times about a year ago, until I realized it was giving me awful gas etc since it was like the only dairy product I ever consumed in large quantities.

When I started MFP a few weeks ago I bought these little plastic popsicle maker things, so that if I ever get a craving for a cold, sweet treat I can make popsicles. Not only can I control what's in them, but I also have to wait for them to freeze, so by then maybe the craving isn't so strong :)