Other ftm?

Options
Skarowan
Skarowan Posts: 4 Member
I'm looking for other ftm to be friends with on MFP!

Replies

• 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm here, I'm Adam, and I'm Pre-T and Pre-Op. Right now I'm trying to lose some weight so that I have less chest and so that I'm at a healthier point to make transition. I live in the USA, eastern NC to be specific.
  • kieranklaey
    kieranklaey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Kieran, 32/m living in Europe, but originally from western NC. I don't know why it only just occurred to me to check for FTM / trans friendly groups on MFP, but I'm here now. I used my old / deadname account MFP account for over a decade, but just created this one last fall, so I don't have any MFP friends.

I'm just over one year on T and nearly 4 months post op (top surgery). I'd like to lose 60-70 lbs before bringing up hysterectomy with the doctor who manages my transition. I also want to reduce health risks in general, especially now that I'm on HRT.

It was really difficult for me to focus on weight loss when I was pre op. but I at least managed to maintain my weight after going on T. I was really hyped up to get back into the gym mid March, when my surgery restrictions were lifted, and then everything here shutdown. :neutral:

I'm really ready to just do the thing, though. How are y'all?
  • blueismyrealname
    blueismyrealname Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Blue, i’m ftm/non-binary, 2-years post top surgery and been on a low dose of T for 18 months :)
  • landfergie55
    landfergie55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Landry im transmasc nonbinary and I'm 20. I struggle with my weight s lot and I want to get down to a healthy weight so i can get a breast reduction or top surgery next spring. Feel free to friend me, i also have a fitness Instagram too, but havent posted on it in almost a year.
  • korpikuusi
    korpikuusi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Naava, a 29-year-old trans guy from Finland. I need to lose 120 kilograms before I can be eligible for mastectomy, so there's a huge struggle ahead of me. To help with that, I work with a nutritionist and I'm trying to get to a weight loss surgery.
  • RAV8711
    RAV8711 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes new here I go by Rav for the time being I am trying to be healthier and be prepared to meet goals to get surgery’s, been in t a minute but little progress compared to most
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm on MFP because I'm wanting to be in the best shape to have surgery (as well as just wanting to get healthier in general of course) feel free to friend me. I'll be around for a while, got a lot to lose and I'm slow at it.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Hi Rav, Hi Fox, welcome to the group.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Update for me: I've gone from 238 in Feb to 200.6 as of this morning. I had bounced down to 199.6 in Sept but I started T on the 30th of Sept and I went up to 202, understandable given the hormone flux and the very nature of weight loss. I've been doing weight loss through the kitchen, counting calories but not exercising a ton yet. I have a semi-active job so that helps but I haven't tackled the gym yet. I want to, especially now that I've started T, but with COVID still raging here in the USA I haven't. Plus the mirrors spike my dysphoria through the roof. Thinking of ordering some small stuff to use as I get the money for it. I mean really small like resistance bands and jump rope sort of stuff. And a good pair of sneakers and me and the pup will start doing longer more involved walks.

Anyway, hope this finds you all well;

Adam
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Woah! Great work on the loss and congrats on starting T!
    I'm also focusing mainly on CICO at the moment, which is challenging enough most days :joy: although I dream swoll dreams B)
    I'm trying to cleanset up a small area for workouts in my hallway to start increasing my flexibility with some martial arts and dance type exercise (youtube) -well, that's the plan so far,
    I'm with you on the mirrors at gyms *shudder* (and I'll add to that the strictly gendered change rooms Yikes!)
    resistance bands look good, I have an exercise bike that I need to unearth from under a mountain of stuff and utilise properly,
    I'm in rural Australia so not as much of a COVID issue as y'all but it's still a concern, keep safe and enjoy your walks with your pup!
    (I should remember to walk more in the winter but I don't have anyone to walk with, my goat quickly gets bored of it and wanders off :D )

My stats: 220 to 201.7 and counting.