18 days down

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Happy Monday!

After a long weekend of eating more than I should have, I feel bloated and blah.

Today's plan is to go grocery shopping for more whole foods and lots of fruits and veggies. I feel like I need a sort of detox from the weekend so I'm going to focus on fruits and veggies as snacks and having salads at lunch and dinner to fill me up before adding higher calories foods. I'll take a look at some of the meal plans I have saved from when I was on the Clean Food Dirty Girl program... a great resource for anyone interested in WFPB eating (https://www.facebook.com/groups/cleanfooddirtygirl/). I'm also going to take some pre/probiotics to get my gut health in check.

Here are some benefits of eating whole food, plant-based.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/plant-based-diet-guide#benefits

I will get my run in and do some extra stretches today.

Have a great day!

Replies

• mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone!
    First I want to apologize to you all. The reason I was so excited about being apart of this group was the accountability. Well I have been everything but that. I haven't posted since Wednesday with any daily goals or checking to see how everyone else is doing. I didn't do much the last four days but reading back looks like everyone did great over the Thanksgiving weekend. At least you kept your accountability to the group with checking in.

Goals for today:
    Check in (met this one)
    two walks
    day 3 of C25K app
    Stay under daily calorie budget

Have a great Monday.
  • MrsAcyprus2015
    MrsAcyprus2015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi all

The weekend had it's ups and downs. I lost 3lbs but I also ate way over my calories on both days so I'll be looking to claw that back this week

Today's goals:

Stay under calories by 200 to hopefully claw some back
    Drink 2.5ltrs water
    1/2hr on the bike

• melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My day started off with my husband making breakfast sandwiches- I didn’t have the heart to refuse one. I’ll make it up with a salad lunch. Will walk later when it warms up.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Didn't check in yesterday but I'm back today. I did log everything and went on my walk. Got on the scale this morning and I'm up a little so if I get back on track today, I should be OK.
    Goals for today
    Log all food and stay under calories
    Go to the gym (raining here today)
    Continue to work on my curtains
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses grocery shopping is where it all begins!! If you can make good choices in the store, it'll be that much easier for you to make good food choices at home 💜✨

Welcome back @mrsshots2011 🌈🌈 no one's journey will be perfect, the key is just to keep showing up and trying again. Speaking of I tried the C25K again yesterday and again my foot started hurting after jog 1, so I'll just keep to walking for now, at least until I get new shoes next Tuesday. Glad you're jumping back on track! 🌞

@MrsAcyprus2015 congrats on your loss!!! 🎉🎉 And don't worry, you won't gain it back because of a couple of "over" days. I hope you have a good week!

@melissalan oooh a nice sandwich (made by someone else!) sounds amazing. I just had lazy leftovers for bfast. Enjoy your salad and your walk 🥗🚶

@tinacuso way to log!! 🌈 Good luck on your goals! 🦋
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My friend and her husband will be staying with us tonight, so I don't know how successful i will be at staying under calories. I will make us a nice healthy dinner, so I'm not too worried about my food choices, i just have to moderate alcohol. They're bringing their paddle boards, so hopefully we'll get to take them out on the water, which is one of the funnest ways to exercise that I know of 🤓🤓

Goals for today: get as much work done as I can this morning so I have less work tomorrow, some kind of exercise, and don't drink too much tonight 🏵️
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Also trying to detox/claw back today, tomorrow, Thursday while I don't have social things going on. Eating straight vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. Today and lots of water. Mental health wise trying to live in the moment. Financial health cancel subscriptions and not buy all the random things I and my family don't really need 🙃.
    - biggest goal be under calories today! We got this.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    @rayonrainbows - Forgot to thank you for that beautiful picture at the beach! Thanks for sharing
    @jaderbacon - You can do it!! Watch something motivational to keep you going....