27 days down

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Happy Wednesday!

The number on the scale for my weigh-in this morning is the exact same as it was last Wednesday :neutral:
I've fallen into my old habit of thinking that I get enough exercise to eat what I want. It's just not true. No matter how healthy the foods are or how much exercise I get, I must track every calorie that I shove into my mouth. There's no way around it. I have to track everything if I want to lose weight. Period.

So, today I will weigh/measure and track EVERYTHING, ride and run. If there's time, I will also do a yoga video.

Have a great day!

https://www.boredpanda.com/same-dishes-less-calories-healthy-food-paula-norris/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Replies

• mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!!

Met all my goals yesterday. Realized after leaving gym that I hadn’t done my plank so did it when I got home. My fur babies decided to help me and would not stop licking my face, head and neck. Lol!!! I’m assuming it was the sweat they were after. Anyway that minute flew by cause I was laughing the entire time.
    Today get my walks in, 1/2 mile timed run, plank, Week3/day1 of C25k app, key under calorie budget. Have a great day everyone!!!0i9a3dw9kxwj.jpeg
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @3greyhorses very insightful article
    @mrsshots2011 fur babies are the best 😆

Met my goals yesterday. Noticed I struggled more with yoga since I've been walking more and my legs were tired.
    Today:
    - eat veg and fruit
    - under calories
    - water
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 that's hilarious :smiley:
    This is me trying to ride one of my horses in the pasture while another one would not stop following us. LOL. I got 2 horses worked at once though, so yay!
    9abhynz4i5gc.png
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses yep, it's all calories in, calories out. Exercise helps, but calorie counting is equally important 🌈 the scale will move again!!!

Re: your article. That's what I've been trying to do. I haven't "outlawed" any particular foods or even cut my overall portion sizes; I've just been trying to replace certain foods with lower calorie versions, and adding more veggies. For example I have these amazing 4" super thin corn tortillas. I can eat 5 of them with a meal for about 120 calories, whereas one large wheat tortilla is like 160 calories. I really feel like I need some kinda Carby chew to feel satisfied, and those do the trick. 🤓🤓

@mrsshots2011 my dog died the same whenever I work out at home 🤣😂 he thinks I must be rolling around in the floor in order to play with him 🙃 way to get that workout in!! 💜💙

@Katebook309yahoocom940 good job meeting your goals! I've been struggling with yoga too (the getting started and actually doing it part!!) 🙃🦋
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    I've finished working for the day. Going to assess exactly what chores I need to take care of so I can get out and get some kind of exercise. I might take a bike ride, we'll see what I have time for...

Goals today: under on calories, some additional exercise besides our sunset walk, & get a good night's sleep 🌠
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    So today I finally got that big scale drop everyone is talking about and it’s not exactly deserved. Oh well.
    Had a good walk in the cold with a neighbor, and this time exercise it did help me stay in green, what do you know😉
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @rayonrainbows thanks as always for your support! Are the tortillas store-bought or do you do make them yourself?
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    I buy them. 💫 50 tortillas for $2 hahah
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    Oooh also last night I made cabbage "noodles" ... Freaking perfect!!! So few calories but sooo satisfying and filling 🌈
  • mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @rayonrainbows Please share your recipe for cabbage "noodles". I love cabbage!!
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    Easy peady! No real recipe. I just cut the cabbage into long thin strips like the size of egg noodles and boiled them in a little veggie boullion.

I made an Asian-y dish last night with tofu, stir fry, and a peanut sauce.

The trick is i added a few tablespoons of cornstarch to my sauce, so when I put the starchy sauce on the cabbage noodles they had that nice starchy feel like wheat noodles.

I had about 250 calories between the sauce (2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp teriyaki, 2 tbsp soya, ginger, garlic, spices, h20) and like 3 cups of cabbage noodles. Was SOOOooo filling and yum. I put air-fried tofu & oil-free stir fry on top too mmmmm
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @rayonrainbows I am definitely going to try the cabbage! Thanks for sharing!