30 days down!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
edited December 2020 in Social Groups
We've been at it for a month! I am so proud of all of us who are sticking with this group. Thanks to everyone who keeps checking in. It's really helping me stay motivated <3

I felt good most of the day yesterday (no fever!) and managed to ride 2 horses. It was great, but I was pretty worn out afterward so I decided to skip the run. During my rides, I kept noticing how strong my legs felt, which made my position better, which made me feel more confident. I am so happy and motivated to get stronger! I really want to incorporate more strength training into my week. I have been struggling to get into yoga, but maybe I could get into some strength workout videos??

https://www.weightcrafters.com/news/10-reasons-to-use-strength-training-for-weight-loss/

I'm super excited to ride today even though it's raining and I'll have to ride inside. My hubby will run with me today. It'll be great to have support on the first run after 3 days off. My diet has been less than ideal the past couple of days, but my eye is on the goal of next week's weigh-in so I'm confident today will be a good day! Feeling very focused this morning :smile:

Have a great Saturday!

Replies

• 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can do this! I can split it up throughout the day so it doesn't seem like a big time commitment. Who's with me?
    70egymbeg4iv.jpg
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses YESSSS!!!! I'm a huge fan of strength training and circuit training. When I got super fit (for me) using MFP several years ago that was my primary exercise 🤓 I've been meaning to look for or make some kind of daily challenge for myself. In fact I almost proposed one to this group too last week to see if it would help motivate me to lock down the habit ✨✨

Anyway I'm in!!! 🦋 🌈 Excited about slowly working a bit of strength training into my day. I'm going to print out that infographic and just draw a check mark each day when I complete I think

Thanks Paree 💐
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    First note is I have not been meeting my bike riding goals. My schedule is about to open up quite a bit though, so i really want to make the effort to re-form a new good riding habit...

I made a super loco yummy taco pizza yesterday. It started as making dough for cinnamon rolls for bfast (special treat for Jamey/partner) but we were hanging out and forgot about it so the dough rose for way too long. Made a perfect pizza crust though. Anyway it was so delicious and I truly can't believe I stayed under on calories yesterday. Old me would have eaten that whole thing 😆 I ate enough to feel satisfied and enjoy it, and I said I could have more later if I wanted it, then i had to teach from 6-12 midnight. And of course when I finished i kinda wanted another slice but I decided I would enjoy it more for breakfast today 💚💜💙 so yayy taco pizza for breakfast haha

Anyway I only had 3 classes scheduled for this morning, spread out from 9am-2:30pm (usually it's like 6 classes) so I was a bad girl and rescheduled the two earlier classes.

I plan to have a nice super chill morning, teach for an hour, take a bike ride, do my new strength training challenge (woot!), sunset walk, leftover veg soup for dinner, then of course teaching all night. I should have a good under calories day so long as sitting in front of the computer for 7 hours tonight doesn't detail me 🙃

Have a great Saturday chicas!! 🌈✨✨
  • gallantria
    gallantria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been eating pretty badly for a few days. I had dipped down to 332 but I'm back up to 334. That still puts me 3 pounds down from last week (337). I have been super hungry cause of that time of the month. Hoping I can keep my weight down this weekend and keep going next week.
  • melissalan
    melissalan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I’ve been feeling very discouraged, because I have been walking at least a mile every day (which I never did before this) and entering calories everyday, but I’ve only lost 2 pounds in 30 days ☹️
    I will keep at it though. Some loss is better than a gain.
    Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Struggled a little bit the last two days, certain foods were sirens calling my name, but back on track today and got healthy groceries for next week. I have not been drinking soda really but today a diet mini coke just made me really happy.
    Goals:
    - stay under calories.
    - eat a fruit and veg
    - drink water
    - exercise atleast 30 minutes
  • sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you, 3greyH and all of you, for introducing me to this group! I appreciate this opportunity for daily accountability. I get frustrated when I do everything right and don't lose weight (though, I think we all know that we'd see it on the scale in a few weeks). My body seems to be on a 2- or 3-week lag time, vs what I'm eating. Currently on track for calories and walked the dog in the woods for an hour today, and will get on the treadmill for another more cardio-ish walk later tonight. Definitely motivational to hear, on this cold rainy dark day, that the hot chocolate I met a friend for, this morning, was probably 380 calories. Soooo not worth it. I'll remember this, next time.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Today I had couple very long walks (21k +) so MFP it gave me lots of exercise calories. Well, I took that challenge and managed to eat all my calories, all my exercise and about 60 extra. So now I have 3 days to dig myself out.
    On the other hand, one ish day a week is not bad 🙂
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    @GabiV125 it sounds like you really worked up an appetite! Excellent walking :) And even though you ate back your exercise calories, you still LOST SOME WEIGHT today! You were under your TDEE :D Maybe it wasn't as much as you had hoped, but you certainly didn't gain today. You're doing great!
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    @3greyhorses I did my challenge exercises today!!! I forgot about them until 6:50 (had to start teaching at 7). I just had a 30 minute break so I squeezed them in!! (and a quick shower haha) :D Wooo yes Day 1 down. Now back to teaching for 3 more hours.....