34 days down, about 4.5 months before May 1

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
edited December 2020 in Social Groups
Hey All!

Yesterday was a tough day for me. As I've mentioned before, I've recently started seeing a counselor on Mondays. This week was the first time we've really started opening the box of crap from my past. A lot of things that had been shoved deep down into my subconscious are now right at the surface. We have barely scratched the surface, but all of these events that shaped who I am today are now just sitting there in my face, waiting to be dealt with. As I start to acknowledge some of the things I've tried to forget, it is pretty clear why I've struggled with weight most of my life. It's interesting how food can comfort and how we can sometimes hold on to extra weight for a purpose. I suggest that everyone takes a look at themselves to see if maybe there's a deeper reason that you've been holding onto the weight other than just loving food more than exercise! If there are deeper reasons, is the extra weight still serving its "purpose" or are you ready to let it all go? Just something to consider :smile: Here are some examples:
https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1969

I got a little more sleep last night so I feel like I am up for challenging myself today. Even though it is so cold, I will run at least a mile, ride 2 horses and do the BWEC. Decaf tea is a great way for me to stay hydrated and warm so I need to go stock up. I also see a lot of soups in my future so I'm going to make a large pot of something today to have on hand.

I hope you all have a great day today! As always, please know that I truly appreciate having you with me on this journey <3

Paree

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses - great article, thank you.
    I too, have been self sabotaging on and off for almost 2 weeks now.
    Yesterday was meh first half and downhill later. Today either part 2, or a clean slate, we’ll see as the day announced itself to be crazy stressful. Worst case, I am starting again tomorrow, and I can live with that.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌞🏵️

That's so great that you can see a therapist and have a professional to talk to. I've always wanted to but I've never had the means or access. I do a lot of meditation though and try to work through my *kitten* on my own as best I can. 🙍 I think this most recent weight explosion of mine these past two years was just a factor of two foot/ankle injuries which took foreverrrrrr to heal cos I had to do too much on my feet work, including teaching middle school and a weekly cooking job which had me on my feet for 10-14 hours straight with literally no break. That busyness also led to lazy eating choices and prioritizing relaxing over exercise. Not a lot of hidden depth there I think, though I have been obese off and on since 6th grade. I was a very obese kid (150 lbs in 6th grade, 200 lbs when I decided to become a vegan in 11th grade). I really love food! Just have to be more conscious of what I eat 💚💙💜

Anyway have a great day everyone!!!! I've got one early class then I'm going back to bed for an hour or two 😊 I'll make my daily goals when I wake up round 2 🌈🌈
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning -

Today's goals are a) log food and stay under calories b) work on my curtain c) drink 6 glasses of water and d) start the strength training challenge.

@MrsAcyprus2015 – Missed you and glad you are back!
    @rayonrainbows – I have been in Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge for the last few years. It helped me lose weight but this group is an added bonus. You are part of a team and there are 4 teams based on the Harry Potter books. I enjoy it. Hope you are feeling better today.
    @melissalan – Glad you are keeping on course with the daily crunch challenge.
    @3greyhorses – Glad you are making progress with your counselor. Give yourself a hug and thanks for the article
    @GabiV125 – Hope your day wasn’t too stressful and welcome back!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    Ran 1, rode 1, did the BWEC day 3. Not a bad day :smile:

Thinking of @mrsshots2011. How did work go today?
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    I coasted today, so I’ll mark it a success. Every day not sinking is a mini, or a micro success.
  • mrsshots2011
    mrsshots2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses Thank you. I've still got my job and they are done for now. I'm hoping for good. So glad you got to ride two horses. I got two runs in and did really good on food until I got home. My husband brought a food gift box from a vendor and I devoured the chocolate nuts. I literally ate half the jar before I realized it. I ended up throwing the rest in the trash. Today is going to be better!
  • 3greyhorses
    Options
    @mrsshots2011 Yay! I'm so relieved for you! As for the chocolate nuts, why do husbands have to bring stuff like that home?!!! If yours is like mine, they can have all kinds of crap food laying around and not even notice it. Meanwhile, I can't stop thinking about it! Good for you on just throwing the rest out.