39 days down, 10 days left of 2020!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
edited December 2020 in Social Groups
OMG! 2020 is almost over! Hopefully, COVID will start to get under control and 2021 will be a more "normal" and positive year. For us ladies, we'll all be lighter, fitter and looking damn fine! B)

I've been holding off on taking new "before" pictures, but I've decided that New Year's Eve pics would be a good way to usher out 2020. I'm going to use that as motivation to really kick butt this week! Even though it's Christmas, there is no reason why I can't stay on task and under calories. It's just my hubby and me and we're not traveling anywhere. Just typical life except I don't work for the next few weeks so I'll have extra time to make healthy foods and get all the exercise in!

For those who work anywhere near a breakroom or if you're cooking for family or traveling, you can do this! Don't let the goodies of the holiday season get in the way of your goals. Don't forget how much a "bite of this" or "just one cookie" adds up. Not to say that you can't indulge, but maybe take smaller portions and savor instead of going for seconds or thirds :p Be mindful and honest with yourselves. Or, tell me to f-off and enjoy every morsel and drink! :D
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tips-to-avoid-holiday-weight-gain

Today: Ride 2, run 2. Drink 64 oz of water. Stay under calories. Go to counseling to let go of some emotional weight. UGH.

Have a great day everyone <3

Replies

• rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well I got in a nice bike ride, but I couldn't figure out my weight. Usually I can use two of the more accurate scales at farmacies in town, but one of them died (it said 175 and obviously that's wrong so i tried it again and it said 133) 🀣😢. So i was only able to use the one that usually gives a higher reading. It said 186, which is good! It means I'm probably closer to 184-185, and I was 187 10 days ago, so it looks like I'm on the right track πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ anyway I'm definitelyyyy buying a scale on Jan 8th. I actually looked around town today to try and find a scale to buy but no luck... I checked at least 10 of the most promising stores, and no one in town sells scales! Oh well I can wait a couple of weeks I guess πŸ˜†β­

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    @rayonrainbows - I’m surprised that you actually can be so calm and nonplussed without a scale for months. Mine is not going to scare me into behaving anytime soon, but I need to see the numbers- I am so not the β€œfeeling” type😁
    Today food was slightly over and did almost no walking. Let’s see what the rest of this week is going to bring me...
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    So happy to see the 10 days left of 2020 πŸ™Œ. Did well today. Hoping to be extra 'good' till Christmas eve.
    Tomorrow:
    - drink lots of water
    - stay under calories
    - eat a fruit and veg
    - yoga πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    got my run in, but didn't ride :( It was soooo freakin' windy! My horses are very spooky in the wind and I really didn't feel like dying today!
    Did BWEC and a couple of short yoga videos for my tight back.
    Stayed under calories.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    I have been MIA and I need to get back here. We received 2 ft of snow on Thurs -Friday so its been hard to get my exercise in. Then we found a new donut shop in town (boy they were good) but way too much sugar.
    I was good today and got my walk in. I need to drink more water....
    Tomorrow I will a) drink lots of water b) stay under calories c) get some exercise in and d) finish my Christmas cards.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses - Thanks for the article. It was helpful.
    @rayonrainbows - You have great dedication! You've got this....