51 days down

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Hey ladies!
I have no power or internet at home so sorry I didn’t get our morning post out. I have no goals for the day other than stay warmish.
Have a great day 😁

Replies

• sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cold and rainy here, with a few inches of slush on the ground. But, I have wasted enough of the day lying on the couch under a blanket with the dog, so, heading out to clean horse's paddock, maybe actually ride aforesaid horse. The couch and the warm sleeping dog, who is lying on her back with all four paws in the air, are so enticing, though......... Oh well. I'll regret it later if I don't get going.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Pareeeeeee I was just about to make the post for you hahah
    we neeeeeeed youuuuuuuu :p

get out there @sharonarkoff !!! you'll be glad you did :D Then go lazy chill with the pup afterwards haha <3

Well I was pretty well over my calories the past two days. NYE was due to alcohol and yesterday was due to the ensuing hangover and laziness x I'm super glad my partner and I are doing a dry January together. I've been drinking a lot less since I started logging calories (I know... if you've been reading my journal and thinking "wait, that's less...?" yeah....) and I've really found that I don't want nearly as much or even enjoy it quite as much. I definitely don't really enjoy getting drunk these days. If anything I like a beer or something on the beach or just to enjoy as a beverage. So I think the dry Jan challenge should be pretty easy for me, and hopefully it gives me an extra calorie deficit boost too. My partner is going to really struggle with it, but it's for the best. His goal has been to quit smoking since I cold-turkeyed on cigs last year (july? august?), but he keeps cutting down then sabotaging.. often b/c of drinking... so hopefully this month will turn over a new leaf with lots of positives. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it all :D

Let's see... As usual Fridays and Saturdays are big work days for me. As I sat down in front of the computer for 7 straight hours of teaching last night I wanted to throw up. But I pushed through. Didn't get much sleep as I had morning classes today. One more class in a couple hours then a break til tonight. Then I work straight through tonight from like 7-2. So I'm going to be super realistic with my goals today. Mostly I just want to stay under on Cals today

(For my own mental clarity)...
    Now: Small breakfast (tummy feels meh), Netflix in bed
    1:30-2:30: Lesson
    2:30-4:30: Snack, Netflix in bed :D
    4:30-6:00: Sunset walk, BWEC
    6-7: Rest, dinner, prepare for lessons
    7-2: Teach (drink some tea for my kinda sore throat)
    2..... SLEEP!
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm so glad I tracked my calories over the holidays. It has made all of this feel so managable, and it's truly kept me from getting that "oh well, i fxked up, why bother" kind of mentality.

Like, yes, I went over the last two days. And it seemed like I had SO much food/drink. But I logged everything, and when I just went back to look over my diary and review the damage, I realized that I was actually only like 600 cals total over maintenance the last two days. Which means that if I stick to my normal deficit plan today, I'll be totally back on track. It just basically means I took a 3 day break from a deficit, which is def not the end of the world.

Anyway I understand that for some people it has the opposite effect... They see the much higher calories on a bad day and freak out. But for me it's been so helpful. Just kinda keeping it real and learning to take the good fitness days with the bad.

Progress not perfection :D