Fitness Goals for 2021

Options
supercpa999
supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
Hello there
Please share your fitness goals for 2021.
Me I am looking to get down to 170, I am 6’ tall and this will be a record low weight for me.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Currently I have only planned out Jan-Apr and my plan is to drop about 10% body fat...that should be about 15 lbs and put me around 145...long term I really don't know, I'd like to see what I look like at the end of april and decide, but for sure May will be maintenance so I can hang on to that loss.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @tcunbeliever
    That sounds excellent
    Hopefully we can cheer each other on🤠
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a struggle...I just kept wanting to eat and eat and eat...mindless munching...I had some tea to help turn off that switch, but it was still a bit of a struggle.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @tcunbeliever
    Do you log all of your food? Have you considered opening up your diary so your MFP friends can view.
    Just keep on keeping on🤠, we can do it👍
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I actually log my food in FatSecret because my phone and MFP do not get along, and for a while in March of last year I couldn't get the desktop version of MFP food to work at all, which is when I switched...I might be able to go back to logging in MFP now, but food logging is so much easier on the phone because I can just key it in really quick from any room no matter what I'm in the middle of, and I try to key BEFORE stuffing things in my face, but logging at all, even if it's late is better than not logging...my goal is 1600 cals Mon/Wed/Fri and 1200 the other days...with about 100g of protein each day, and under 100g of carbs...that has been a good and sustainable plan for me in the past, so that's what I'm going with Jan-April in terms of nutrition...that should net me about 1% fat loss per week if I'm diligent.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Ok my daily goal is 2,100 calories but I try to burn around 800 or more calories a day and try to have a deficit of 500 or so a day. I am doing mostly the elliptical and yin yoga and some mild weight training
  • Chocolate_is_my_Kryptonite
    Options
    Well, my goal for this year is to get below 200 lbs. It has been a long time since I have been sub 200.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @Chocolate_is_my_Kryptonite
    Me too
    I actually want to get down to below 170 maybe to 160 for me which will be pretty skinny:)
  • GlitteryWarriorQueen
    Options
    I have a weight goal that I likely won't reach in 2021 (135 pounds is a lot in one year!), but I'd like to improve my health. Better blood sugar control (I found out at the start of 2020 that I'm pre-diabetic), less stiffness/pain in my body, better and more consistent sleep, and being able to go up and down the stairs without being out of breath.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @GlitteryWarriorQueen
    Excellent goals
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I forgot I'd joined this group forever ago, and saw that folks were posting in here. :smile: My current goal is to get down to 190-200 lbs by 3/31. I currently weight just under 230 - I've lost 20 lbs since late November. Although I've been wanting to lose some weight to feel better in my body, my main driver for losing weight at the moment is that I will be undergoing IVF in 2021 (I'm a trans man). I want to get my weight down to a point where it's not a concern during treatment. (Many clinics won't allow IVF if your BMI is over a certain level - varying by clinic - but I'm certainly over most clinics' thresholds right now.) If I successfully conceive then obviously weight loss will go on the back burner, but I'm okay with that. I'll continue working to lose weight until then.

I've set a goal to walk or jog 1000 miles in 2021 - just under 3 miles/day on average. So far I've logged 16 miles.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @HealthyTrent
    That sounds great and welcome back🤠
  • GlitteryWarriorQueen
    Options
    @HealthyTrent We can't wait to hear about your journey to becoming a parent!
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @HealthyTrent We can't wait to hear about your journey to becoming a parent!

Thank you! It's been a rough couple of years - my wife and I started trying in 2018, got pregnant in 2019 but we lost our son halfway through the pregnancy. I lost my wife to cancer in Nov 2019 (was a really bad year), so now I'm going the solo parent route, as I'm not getting any younger (I'm 37). I was trying most of 2020 unsuccessfully (not IVF), and am hoping that the IVF in 2021 will result in a successful pregnancy. I hate that there's so much gatekeeping in the medical community and that I *have* to lose weight to do IVF in the first place, but it is what it is.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    That’s an exciting motivation👏👏👏👏
    Excited for you🤠
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    Options
    Goals for the year is to lose 15 lbs and then maintain (which is always the hardest part for me, hence needing to lose that quarentine15). I recently took up bouldering/rock climbing so I'm looking forward at getting better at that!
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @ElectrifyingGravity
    Those are awesome goals, thanks for sharing🤠
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Get strong, get to 130pounds ideally, get fit and healthy and kick *kitten*!!! 😎
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I will not be kicking kittens lol
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Ha me neither 😏