Workout routines

Gymladmatt
Gymladmatt Posts: 391 Member
Anybody got any decent workout routines to share ?

Replies

• Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    Unfortunately I've not really followed any particular one
  • Gymladmatt
    Unfortunately I've not really followed any particular one

What do you normally do workout wise? Just do what you feel like doing?
  • woodsman57
    woodsman57 Posts: 35 Member
    Pretty new to weight routines. I’ve mostly just been following what the “Fitbod” app suggests after I put in what muscles I want to work and what equipment I have available.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    I tend to follow a kind of PPL when the gym is open, 4 different sessions, 6 days a week:

1. Chest & Triceps
    2. Back & Biceps
    3. Shoulders
    4. Legs

I guess a TRUE PPL wouldn't have shoulders on a seperate day but there are pushing and pulling shoulder movements so it makes sense to me.

The gym is closed is it's a whole lot of nothing atm
  • giancarlov1191
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I use a push pull. The Jefit, app is great for finding a routine

Thanks for the tip! I like PPL, focusing on movements vs specific body parts seems more productive to me
  • Jim_Kintsugi
    Jim_Kintsugi Posts: 58 Member
    I have a pretty basic workout routine that I've been doing for chest, back and shoulders. Pretty much just basic exercises, but I can post it here if you want to know the exercises, sets, reps etc....
  • Gymladmatt
    james5940 wrote: »
    I have a pretty basic workout routine that I've been doing for chest, back and shoulders. Pretty much just basic exercises, but I can post it here if you want to know the exercises, sets, reps etc....

Yes share it please 👍
  • giancarlov1191
    Glad you're keeping up with it Jamea & you're looking ripped!
  • Theotherwhiteclint
    Glad you're keeping up with it Jamea & you're looking ripped!

#goals
  • Theotherwhiteclint
    james5940 wrote: »

Do it
  • Jim_Kintsugi
    Jim_Kintsugi Posts: 58 Member
    These are my main strength exercises. I run 4-5 days a week, and I do kicking exercises almost every day for my abs. I'll also use resistance bands after my workouts.

I take about 30 seconds to 1:30 seconds between sets. If I'm lifting heavy weights I'll take up to 4 minutes between sets.

I'll use about 75% of my PB when I'm working out. I'll do that for a couple of weeks, and then I'll try to set a new record. Push hard for a couple of workouts and then go back to lighter weights. So for dumbbell press I'll use 85lb dumbbells. Then I'll bump them up next week and try to use 110lb dumbbells. Then I'll go back to maintaining with 90lb dumbbells until I recuperate and I'm ready for the next push.

If I'm tired and not feeling it, I'll go as low as 55lb dumbells just to maintain. I only push myself when I'm in the mood so I don't get burned out.

Day 1 chest and shoulders
    I warm up with pushups, usually 20 to 50. When training hard I'll do over 100.
    Declined Dumbbell Press 3 x 12
    Dumbbell Press 3 x 12
    Inclined Dumbbell Press 3 x 12

Shoulder Press 3 x 12
    Lateral Raises 3 x 12

If my chest gets bigger than my shoulders I do the above exercises in reverse order. shoulders first then chest.

Day 2 Back and Biceps
    36 Chinups to warm up, usually in 2 to 3 sets, but I try to do 36 in a row.

Weighted incline chinups on total gym 3 X 12
    Weighted seated rows on total gym 3 x 12
    Bent over rows with a dumbell 3 x 12
    Dumbell curls 3 x 12
    curls 3 x 12

Day 3 Rest then start over again.

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Post my workouts daily on my profile wall