57 days down!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Hi ladies,

I'm struggling a little and need to lean on you all for a while. Ever since we lost our power on January 1, I've been feeling really anxious and out of sorts. I keep trying to remember where I want to be in May, but I'm too distracted and my mind is overwhelmed.

Anyone have tips/advice/hacks to help me get out of this slump? What helps you when the motivation and focus start waning?

Today, I will put my running clothes on and step out the door. I'll commit to 15 minutes and go from there. I will track every calorie. That's something I can control when everything else seems to be spiraling out of control.
That's all I feel I can commit to today.

Please share some positivity and encouragement with the group today. Any articles, videos, pictures, thoughts that will inspire us! I'm counting on you guys today.

Replies

• rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses i think the best motivation for me is just picturing how amazing i will feel physically and confidence-wise as i keep getting closer to my goals! I ran into someone who i hadn't seen in a few months yesterday and he immediately complimented me on how healthy i was looking, and another woman i know said i looked so happy and well ❤️❤️❤️ i believe them. 🌈 Believe people when they compliment you!!! You're doing an awesome job and we're all super glad you're on this journey 🌺

Winter is tough on pretty much everyone 💫 just know you're not alone and spring is in its way!! 💜 And you're going to be hella hot stuff come summer! 😉

🌈🌈

• rayonrainbows
    Options
    Today is market town day which means I'm finally getting my scale!! 💃💃 *Happy dance**

But it also means I'm going to be gone all day then I work from 6pm-2am.. meh

Will get a fair amount of walking in today, but I might go over on cals. We'll see

Have a great Friday all 🧡✨
  • sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    Options

1) On a big piece of paper, draw a "start" circle for where you are in your health/fitness journey, and then at the opposite side of the paper, draw a "finish" circle. Then, draw a simple map or a flow chart or whatever of how you are going to get there. This can help you feel grounded and like it's not all up to invisible mental discipline.

2) Before you eat anything, do a one-minute meditation or breathing exercise... even just five breaths in, at each breath counting to four, hold for one, then out for five.

3) Drink more water. Drink water before every meal, and in between meals.

4) Do what I say, not what I do, because I ate the entire pint of ice cream and half the "family size" bag of Ruffles potato chips yesterday. I have decided I need a day when I eat what I want. The other six, I'll track calories and watch carbs, exercise, floss, etc.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    What are your horse plans for the weekend? I've been chickening out of riding, saying, "Oh, I'll wait until I've gotten under 200," but horse has been carrying my fat *kitten* around, at over 200#, for three years. True, he is older now, but we do very light work. We've been long-lining, we do liberty work, we longe, I clean his paddock on weekends which is generally worth 20,000 steps... but this weekend, I'm getting on and we're going for a hack. He will be thrilled --- he loves to work under saddle and has about given up on me otherwise.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    I meant, ladies and gentlemen, to say, "my fat a-s-s." I thank the computer for inserting "kittens," but, let's call it like it is.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    What I do? About 3 things, not necessary in this order:
    1. I call a very good friend of mine. She’s incredibly smart, great listener, with the most calming voice and regardless if I talk about my annoyance of the day, I’m in a better shape after I hang up the phone.
    2. I hang out with my daughter(s) and they are talkers. They can get my mind off anything if I stay long enough in their room. They are fun and they ground me, for real.
    3. I go for a long walk, the longer the better .

Bonus: When I was younger I used to watch a good-cry movie, when the hormones were getting the best of me.

A person in a challenge I’m in, had this other solution, close to what @sharonarkoff was saying, just a touch more elaborate: make a ladder with start and end weights, as opposite ends.
    Then make lots of rungs, some serious (move into healthy weight category), some not (lost the body weight of a raccoon), leave room for the physical achievements (able to do 5 push ups).
    Add on the side the dates when you reach each and check it weekly and especially when you are down, too have an actual visual on the progress.

You mobilized us all all this time, it’s our turn.

I still want snow, not for 3 months straight, but I want snow.
    My county closes schools for 2 inches of snow, truth. Not now obviously, but I thought this would be funny for you. My friends from Michigan tease us every year.

I can talk a storm too, aren’t I?
    Gotta go, Netflix is calling me😂😂
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Better late then never. Things I can think of right now: 🤷‍♀️eating low calorie comfort food, listening to feel good music, romanticizing how amazing your life will be when your healthier, drinking water like a shot every time you want something else, thinking about mobility when you're 80, pintrest quotes, focusing on exercising for mental health vs fitness, saving up calories for a meal out, browse online for a goal swimsuit, romcom, think about gaining the weight you lost back.

Glad its Friday. Should be under calories for today. I did get a fruit and vegetable today and I need to drink one more glass of water.
  • rayonrainbows
    Options
    I was in a rush to get out the door and start my 19 hour go go go day this morning so I didn't quite have time to put in the support i wanted to 🤗🧡

Another thought... I completely understand the shittiness of not having power for days 🙃 but more importantly how a disruption like that can throw you off... I think everyone was like FUXCK 2020 and we kind of romanticized Jan 1 2021 as some kind of magic turning point where all the challenges from the previous year dissipated away and yay new year new me etc. So i can 1000% see how the disappointment of starting the new year on the wrong foot (esp bc of some BS out of your control) could knock the spirit out of you 🌺

If it wasn't for MFP I'm pretty sure my hangover + pasta madness on Jan 1 would have discouraged the shxt out of me too. But (big props to your group) I was able to put a little pitfall into perspective and decide my "new year" would start on Jan 2 😎

You know the Romans pre-Gregorian calendar didn't even count the last two months or so of the year 🤣 they just called it an undefined "winter" mess. 💜 So if you want to start your 2021 tomorrow go for it!!

It will be a year for growth and healing! We just have to approach it with open acceptance and patience 🌈 progress not perfection!

Anyway you rock chica!! Everyone has sticky patches, especially during winter, etc. You are super blessed, de facto, just let those blessings in 🙏💫💫