New Year, New Goal! 20# by May 31, 2021!

Options
BuffyBourbon
BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
Hey again everyone! I didn't quite make my goal last year, my goal was 30# by December 31, and i made it to 20#. Still celebrating that as a victory however, because every pound lost is a win for me! Onward and Upward! New goal is to lose another 20# by the end of the first half of this year. I'll weigh in every Monday, or possibly Tuesday, starting next week. Not weighing myself this week as i gave myself a free-week between Christmas and New Years. I don't think i did anything terrible to my goals, but would hate to start the new year sad about having a vacation!

Please, anyone who is interested, please join me!

Replies

• BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Oh - feel free to send me a friend invite if you like as well, i'll take anyone friendly!
  • sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Okay, BB; will jump in for 2021! The thing about MFP is that you really see why you can't eat that hunk of bread that came with the soup, and why you need to get the cup of soup, not the bowl, etc. The calories pile on so quickly! I feel like realistically, at least one meal has to be a salad made with just vegetables, or else I'll go over my calories.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    I'm 4 days in, and having an easier time staying in my calories again after my break. When i re-started back in June i was frequently only using around 1500 of my 1850 allowed calories, but by christmas i was often going over by a little bit. I took 10 days off of everything (work, tracking, everything) and now i'm back at it and averaging 1600 calories a day again, and neither going to bed nor waking up hungry, which is awesome i think.

I have been craving a really moist gooey cake for a bit now, and had selected one to make, when i saw that it had nearly 600 calories per slice!!! I spent a day reviewing lots of similar recipes and put together my OWN recipe for cinnamon swirl pumpkin bundtcake that has less than half the sugar, and only 322 calories per slice! and it's moist and delicious and uses pumpkin from my garden.. i'm SO pleased with it. I had a slice for breakfast... and i've prelogged my day and i have plenty of calories to have a second slice for dessert before bed!
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    I keep being defeated by bread. :-) The place I get lunch a few days a week has really good bread. I think I have to go way down on carbs, and then maybe the scale will move. I'm usually within my calories, but, the pie chart always shows alot of fat and carbs. I think it's supposed to show more protein, fewer carbs.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Mmmm bread. I love it too. I may be lucky, as long as I'm within my calories carbs and fats don't seem to slow me down. Now insufficient protein turns me into my even eviler twin, but thats neither here nor there...
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Of course it's here or there! I am all in favor of occasionally unleashing the evil twin.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Okay, two weeks into the new year and im just now hitting my pre break weight. My fault really, I've been eating very salty meals. Ah well onward and downward as it were!
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    CW: 202.5
    Goal weight: 130.

Scale will not move, I have decided, unless I cut out bread and pasta. We'll see if that works. I can live with small amounts of bread and pasta, if the scale will just reward me for it. :-) I know it will take two weeks to see anything, so, hunkering down for two weeks of discipline.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Congrats on getting back to your pre-break weight! See? You got this.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Okay so, 20 by the end of may is NOT happening, i'm still at my year end weight - but hey, that's better than gaining right? Still on track, still going to make it - it's a marathon or 7, not a sprint - right? right.
  • Snowdenfarm1
    Snowdenfarm1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, Buffy, you are right!! You are relentless. You will get there.