124»

Replies

• GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes; walking slowly
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I'll watch the video tomorrow. I'm trying to unwind enough to get sleepy and get in the bed before 11:00 p.m., instead of my usual 2 a.m. - 4 a.m. I'm a walking, talking, zombie from going to bed around 3ish and getting up at 6:30. :(

I can totally relate to the sleep thing! Another night and I am posting at 1:00 am on January 15th! I still have the exercise that needs to be done, that I actually WANT to do because my anxiety is through the roof dealing with thinking my Grams was lying on the floor dead tonight! Long story!
  • jensam327
    jensam327 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Jan 14

Exercise: yes 30 min yoga, 10 min kettlebell
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes

Passes taken: 2/3
  • ChristianK1974
    ChristianK1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

@ChristianK1974 Are you saying that because you are tracking macros you are then having to spend extra effort in order respond to the UAC second prompt of “Did I stay within my calories?”. If that is the case, then I would assume (and I may be speaking out of turn) that for you the prompt might be “Did I stay within macros?"

@SModa61 good suggestion!
    I guess my biggest challenge is that my wife is tracking macros, I am not. My two food metrics are calorie intake and protein intake. Her goals are macro focused. She uses a different (and new) app and I use myfitnesspal. The meals we prepare are based on her app so I often don't know calorie count or protein per portion (hers is automatically logged). Entering that information into myfitnesspal gets cumbersome so I just wing it. Maybe I'll jump on the MFP premium plan at some point and use their macros and do what you suggested. Thanks for the idea.

• tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 walking, 30 lower body circuit, 5 min stretch
  • Porkus5
    Porkus5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!
  • Porkus5
    Porkus5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whoops...already did yesterday! :)
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes,and from what I consider I've adapted to my diet aswell!

Been doing mostly bodyweight exercises lately as the baby keeps me active cardio wise, Been looking into getting weights again but it seems every store near me is still sold out since covid has started.

Keeping up my current pace I should reach my monthly goal of 8 pounds of weight loss so cheers to that!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @ChristianK1974 Are you saying that because you are tracking macros you are then having to spend extra effort in order respond to the UAC second prompt of “Did I stay within my calories?”. If that is the case, then I would assume (and I may be speaking out of turn) that for you the prompt might be “Did I stay within macros?"

@SModa61 good suggestion!
    I guess my biggest challenge is that my wife is tracking macros, I am not. My two food metrics are calorie intake and protein intake. Her goals are macro focused. She uses a different (and new) app and I use myfitnesspal. The meals we prepare are based on her app so I often don't know calorie count or protein per portion (hers is automatically logged). Entering that information into myfitnesspal gets cumbersome so I just wing it. Maybe I'll jump on the MFP premium plan at some point and use their macros and do what you suggested. Thanks for the idea.

@ChristianK1974 I understand your problem now. I'll tell you how we do things on our house, though it may be a burden for your wife. I have done MFP on and off for something like 8 years and have been WW member for almost 20, despite not tracking VIA WW for a number of years. Hubby was WW only. I came to MFP full time mid-september. Both of us had lbs to lose. Given I was not doing WW, I was only so helpful supporting his tracking when he made the effort. In November, I got Hubby to convert to MFP. He tracks all his daytime meals and extras, while I track our dinners. I track for me on my phone, or laptop using Safari or Chrome (depending on website behavior). I keep my husband's account logged in on Firefox. So I can literally have two accounts open and tracking side by side. Since I am pre-tracking for me anyhow, I pre-track for him know roughly the calories he is aiming for. When he starts his day, he knows what calories remain. He has been in florida the past two weeks (various non-vacation reasons), and there were days that he has called me and asked me to track his dinner for him based on the info he has. Anyhow, that is our house. It's working pretty well. He is down around 10 since November something (he has had more challenges like travel and also had less to lose), while I am down 24 lb since sept 14 and back to what I thought was my goal (need to think about that :P ).

Sorry, added edit. Couldn't you just monitor the macro grams on your non-MFP account? I know I did this about 6 years ago, when I thought I'd give macros a "go". I've also done Keto on MFP. Right now CICO is making life easy.
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day? Almost
  • ChristianK1974
    ChristianK1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Thanks for sharing. It's really helpful to hear how others in similar situations find a solution. Sounds like you both have a good rythm going. My wife just started an app called macro stax. She's staying there for now. But..since we pull her recipes and make those, we found a way for her to pull the nutritional / recipe details and get them to me. I have to manually add, but at least it's a pretty accurate. Thanks again for sharing! :)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes

1 pass
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @ChristianK1974 remember that if your manually entered foods are repeats, you can also “create a food” that gets stored under “your foods”
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    January 14, 2021

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)