Hello everyone

Options
Hi everyone, this is my year! I’ve been working really hard to increase my fitness and my resting heart rate is now excellent, I’ve been vegan over 3 years and on my weight loss journey, currently highly motivated and half way through. Going to struggle when dark nights draw in as sit down all day behind a desk not looking forward for winter pop by and say hello

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

You seem very dedicate if you have been on tour weight loss journey so long.

Is there a way you can go for a walk in your lunch break come winter just to get some sun light? - I live in the Southern Hemisphers, so I am looking forward to summer.
  • MeighaX
    MeighaX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm just starting on my vegan journey, and also need to lose weight. I'm going to try using MFP like a food blog since I hate logging calories but want to keep myself accountable for 2021. Will try to check in here, too, from time to time.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi MeighaX. 🙋‍♀️

Sounds like you have a plan there. As long as you find some way to make CICO work for you you don't need to count calories.

Also, congrats on starting out going vegan.👍
  • SGLocky
    SGLocky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am 5 days into my "veganuary" experiment. I've found the MyFitness app to be really helpful so far. It has really helped me to understand what I am eating and the effect of different types of exercise.

What I am finding slightly difficult is when I search for things that might balance out my diet and so much of the advice is based around processed foods. Fortunately I know my way around a bag of lentils and a can of chickpeas :-)

Anyway, just thought I would say hi.

Happy New Year, S
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello, how have you found Veganuary? Are you thinking of continuing with it?
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi - can I join? Just completed Veganuary - and I'm staying Vegan. Only trouble is I'm not losing weight - quite the opposite. So will need some accountability and tips!