Exercise Games

lilithsrose
lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
Does anyone else play video games for exercise? I've had Beat Saber for a while and recently got Ring Fit (but haven't played it yet).

Studies show that you burn 6-9 calories per minute while playing Beat Saber. Based on my smartwatch, I burn roughly 200 calories in 30 minutes of playing.

I would assume that you burn even more while playing Ring Fit since you jog in place and you are working all your muscles. I have a few friends that play it that workout a lot and they say its still a decent workout for them.

Replies

• GetHeroFit
    GetHeroFit Posts: 27 Member
    I used to play a lot of ddr and just dance, but my nosy feline companion gets in the way. 😭
  • vancenkansas
    vancenkansas Posts: 5 Member
    Virtual Reality and Boxing. My arms are so sore from trying to knock that guy out, in between rounds I have my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath before the next 3 minute round. Virtual Reality gaming is an Excellent workout. I recommend the Boxing.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    My Fitness Coach and Wii Fit on a Wii (heh obvs). Will probably get rid of the other Wii games (except maybe sports resort etc) as it has relocated into my home office/home gym at the moment
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    I do all my exercise pretty much in VR. On the Quest 2 there’s the Move app that counts calories but it has very different results than the YUR watch that also does. And some apps have their own calorie counting that is different from both so it’s very confusing which is the right amount!

I play Audio Trip, Synth Rider, and FitXR mostly but also have Creed and some others on PC only which is a pain because I have to be hooked up but I enjoy those too. Still waiting to see if Beat Saber ever goes on sale but sometimes I play the demo.I actually hate working out so VR is the only way I do it LOL,
  • grant_me_wings
    grant_me_wings Posts: 5 Member
    Very yes! This is most of my fitness these days and I love it! Beat Saber, Synth Riders, Pistol Whip, Box VR, Power Beats VR, Until You Fall... and I'm always looking for more games to play!

I use the YUR fit tracker app to keep track of it all and make pretty colored circles to celebrate my activity!