74 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Hi ladies!

Not gonna lie, today is going to be tough. So much snow and wind and still freezing. The tractor won't start which means my work is going to be extra hard today. There is no chance I'll be running today, but may try to do a workout video. Most likely, my chores will be more of a workout than I want. I will log calories though. Heading out to the barn now.
Have a great one!

Replies

• Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @3greyhorses Good luck, this cold and snow is nuts🙄/ Remember you love horses 🐎 ❤

Meet some but not all of my goals yesterday. Going for all the basics today plus yoga tonight.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses - at a farm there are no days off, or slowing down and I do admire you and the strength you have to find every day. I grew up with part time that- I spent all vacations thru college with my grandma in a very rural area- think wood stove and well in the yard.

Couple more weeks left of February and is only downhill after that!

I hope I’m getting out off that heavy wet blanket type feeling I had for a while. Not sure if it’s weather, Covid or premenopausal related, but it is/was exhausting.
    Yesterday was a good day, last night I guarded my husband all but 3h, so I have to be extra careful with the eating monster in the afternoon.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @cowsanddogsarecute - I hope I’m not overstepping here, and if I do, I apologize.
    What you describe is THE BIG issue in first generation emigrants, because the parents see it as personal failure. Irony is that a kid strong enough to choose happiness instead of running from it, is in the definition for parental success. No matter how set in the ways the parent, deep down they are happy when their kids are happy.
    Wish you good luck, patience and strength to your boyfriend!
    And if it gets too hard, don’t hesitate to talk to a professional. Many of us the older and stubborn, that carried heavy loads for decades wish to have asked for help earlier.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Nah it's all good.

You're a lot nicer than some of my friends have been about it!

Thank you for the kind words. And I hope she does eventually except us - for my boyfriend's sake at least. He is really close to his mum so I can understand how hard it must be.

Did you or your parents emigrate? If so, where from?

Everyone is doing so well considering the weather! I'm on the opposite side of the world in New Zealand so it's rather sunny. Wish I could send you ladies some sun!