If lock-down ended tomorrow

Options
ClaireBri74
ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
edited February 2021 in Social Groups
And there was a 'spray' that made all areas safe. How would your current exercise / training regime change?

Replies

• ClaireBri74
    Options
    For me pre Corna I was an ice skater 3 times a week and a hiker on alternate weekends.

Now I do tons more at home.

My challenge would be to get my skating back in and not loose my workouts. Skating is early morning the same as spin so it would be switching those to the ice rink. I normally have one morning off from spin so would probably stop that.

I'm fitter than this time last year and have enjoyed my home routine. I haven't been a gym member sin January 2020 and I don't think I would join again. Home workouts are working for my time management (most of the time)
  • MrGBLincs
    MrGBLincs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    With no Covid, I would be doing cyclo-cross as it's winter, so my training would involve sprints around my local wood on one of my CX bikes, rather than longer road rides on my winter road bike, which is what I'm doing at the moment. Other than that, it wouldn't change much.
  • ClaireBri74
    Options
    MrGBLincs wrote: »
    With no Covid, I would be doing cyclo-cross

What's that? (I'll go and Google as well)

• Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For me pre Corna I was an ice skater 3 times a week and a hiker on alternate weekends.

Now I do tons more at home.

My challenge would be to get my skating back in and not loose my workouts. Skating is early morning the same as spin so it would be switching those to the ice rink. I normally have one morning off from spin so would probably stop that.

I'm fitter than this time last year and have enjoyed my home routine. I haven't been a gym member sin January 2020 and I don't think I would join again. Home workouts are working for my time management (most of the time)

I am a skater too. I miss it so much. I have been weight lifting and doing pilates as well as skating but when the rinks closed again I started running. I think I'll keep up the running once the rinks open again but do a bit less.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I would be able to stop weight training at home (which bores me rigid) and resume using the gym.

It would also restore my access to indoor bike training so I wouldn't feel compelled to keep riding outside when conditions are unpleasant and temperatures are really too cold for my Raynaud's afflicted hands.

My Audax cycling events could also resume, last year I also had two closed roads century rides booked as my year highlights and both were cancelled. I'd also be able to do longer rides as I'd be able to resupply with drinks and food, I've only been doing rides home-to-home with no stops or interaction with other people in lockdown.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'd get back to the pool - swimming (3x wk) and scuba (I teach on a Friday night). That'd mean less walking (currently 4 miles daily with the OH), but I'd keep the resistance bands and yoga wo's I've been doing. Maybe hit the gym when the bands no longer challenge me, but they're spot on right now.
  • Maesneuadd
    Maesneuadd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Getting back to the gym might be a possibility. However, I think I am fooling myself - I like this solitary exercising as there is nobody to laugh at my efforts :wink:
  • Fazola
    Fazola Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the gym for about 25 years. During lock down I set up a little gym for myself at home. I was amazed to find out that for a long time I've hated going to the gym, but just went because I always have done. I hadn't even realised this. I don't think I'll go back now. I miss walking somewhere other than local though and can't wait to get on the train and go to somewhere else.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, whilst I've hit the pool, I've increased my YouTube vids, to the detriment of the yoga. Loving cardio dance and cardio kickboxing W/Os. Oh, and jumped on the open water swimming bandwagon. Loving that too.