March 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of podcasts, but, someone here mentioned "Half Size Me" awhile back and I have listened to a few, only because my daughter does a podcast "The Lumpy Mother" and she's been encouraging me to listen to podcasts.

So....the first few were OK, interesting, but nothing that rocked me. Until yesterday. Holy macaroni she was speaking to me! After my rant last week about gaining 2 pounds, binge eating, not losing any weight during February - let me tell you - I have new energy right now. I've actually listened to it twice through. Here's the cliff notes - hope it helps someone else too.
    1. Learn to maintain. If you stay at the same weight for a month - celebrate it because you're maintaining! If all you do is go up and down and up and down, you're never learning how to maintain a weight. Better to stay at a weight than have the pounds creep back on.
    2. She talked about people (like me) who binge/overindulge, gain a few/several pounds, and then it takes a week or more to get it back off. She tracks her weight often and now understands exactly how her body will respond after she indulges. Because she knows exactly the outcome of indulging, she's not surprised what happens the next week or two. Therefore, (and I LOVE this line) you don't become angry, bitter, or resentful when your body does exactly what it always does after indulging. You knew going in what it was going to do. That is EXACTLY what I was last week - angry, bitter and resentful.

Really, I'm not expressing this very well - but for me, this really hit home. I did start weighing myself every day (which I know isn't a good idea for everybody) but I'm doing it to understand my own body's natural swings in order to avoid getting all angry, bitter and resentful about it next time.

It's Episode 473 if anyone wants to listen. Maybe I'm the only one who thought "wow" listening to it - and then listened to it a 2nd time taking notes! But if it helps someone else - then yay.

No passes so far this month - I am laser focused on being in the Winners Circle!

YES, @biketheworld, that was me! She is BRILLIANT ❣️❣️A terrific episode, I agree. I just keep flipping through until I find one that applies to me at that time.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    ✅exercise
    ✅calories under budget
    ✅tracked everything ste snd drank
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Easy day today -- 50 minute walk on the treadmill this morning

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes and under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3