Long time user updates?

Options
Hi everyone - I am new to this whole forum/message board thing. Will try to figure it out. I was wondering if there are any comments from people who had/have been on this longer term. I had read some boards earlier (cant find now) - with people back in 2015/2016 who were just starting Saxenda. I was wonder if you are still out there and what your long term results with this have been? Has weight loss slowed down, have you kept it off? Have there been any chronic effects that surfaced with long term use? Looking forward to what you have to say. Thanks - I am starting Saxenda today. The clause about "...including thyroid cancer..." makes me so apprehensive.

Replies

• 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was on Saxenda for about 9 plus 3 months in 2014/2015. It worked really well even at a lower dose (1.8 mg). I stopped using it not because of side effects or anything awful like cancer, just ran out of funds since Saxenda was not covered by my insurance.

I’m starting it again this week because coverage is now 85%.

Also: obesity comes with massive health risks and it is much MUCH more likely to develop heart disease, diabetes and other chronic illnesses from being obese. It’s a decision everyone has to make for themselves and with their doctor.
  • mathgal2003
    mathgal2003 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi! I have been on Saxenda since Sept 2017. I lost 50lbs in the first year and had maintained it up until the pandemic. I have now gained 20lbs back it seems to not be working like it used to. In all honesty I did stop tracking and exercise was impacted as well. But the "feeling fuller longer" from Saxenda seems to have weakened as well.

Also, insurance gave me a hard time in Jan/Feb of this year so I was off it long enough where I had to titrate back up to the full dose.

Anyone having similar issues after prolonged use?
  • sue1447
    sue1447 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been using Saxenda for 8 months and have not had much success with weight loss after the first 5 months - in the last 3 months I'm slowly gaining back the weight I lost. I wonder how you did after you restarted Saxenda after your break (due to insurance). I'm taking a week or two off to see if I can relight that initial weight loss when I first started using Saxenda. What was your experience?
  • sue1447
    sue1447 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    No responses yet...