Does anyone have experience of missing a dose

Options
smrn2003
smrn2003 Posts: 1 Member
I have been on Saxenda since September 2018, I have lost from 219 to 189. I had never in my life known what it felt like to be full. This medication has been a Godsend. I missed my first dose yesterday since beginning the medication and I am concerned. I had my full appetite back last night and even though I took my dose this morning, I still have my old appetite back. Does it take a day or two to start working again? Does it start working again? I am at 2.4 mg.

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    hopefully you have this answered by now but just in case... yes takes a day or so, you can also go up to 3 mgs fora couple days if you feel you need and then drop back to the 2.4
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    According to the pharma website if you don’t take Saxenda for more than 3 days you should start titrate for up again over a few weeks from 0.6, 1.2, 1.8 to 2.4.
    Not start right out again where you stopped.

But yes, the medication will take a few days to build up in your system, so you might not feel the full effect right away.
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time remembering to take it. I haven’t taken a full weeks worth yet And I’ve been on it for 3 months. I’m getting better though. Lost 2 pounds last month and that motivated me.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have missed a dose here and there in the 4 months I have been taking Saxenda.. if I just completely forget I take it when I remember but if it's late in the day / evening or I just am not a home to be able to take it when I remember I just pick up the next day at the same dose at my normal time. I have not missed anymore than one day.