Couple of questions regarding saxenda

Options
2»

Replies

• asnerurkar
    asnerurkar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for contributing, this is so helpful & reassuring.
    Does anybody have experience getting off of Saxenda?
    I missed a dose yesterday & started feeling hungry, which I haven't since I started taking it. I'm guessing after you stop the medication, it is will power
  • lygillette
    lygillette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a Saxenda failure. I ve been on it for 6 months and lost 5 lbs. I just want to get off it, let my body get Clean and go from there. My primary care doc feels like I'm just one of those people that it doesn't work on. He wants me to see the endocrinologist who prescribed it.
    I can't find anything anywhere on how to get off the stuff!
  • Pilatuna
    Pilatuna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am concerned Saxenda might not work for me either. I have been increasing my dose for 3 weeks and only lost 4 pounds so far. 2 pounds per week the first 2 weeks and nothing this last week. I believe if you have not lost 5% of your body weight the first 6 weeks it means it will not work for you. Why did they keep you on it for 6 months?
  • Pilatuna
    Pilatuna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So it seems I am a non responder to Saxenda. I am on my 5th week and now at a 3.0 dose but no reduction on my appetite whatsoever. I have not lost much weight either. Very disappointing.
  • 100in360
    100in360 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Recently started Saxenda & I have lost over 5 lbs this week alone. Hunger is reduced by 60% and cravings about the same. Doesn’t eliminate it but it does help!
  • blairhand
    blairhand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on Saxenda for around 6 weeks and I've lost 12lbs but the constipation is so miserable that it is making me question continuing to take it. It's so bad its impossible to go to the gym and get remotely hot bc that makes me nauseous and I don't want to vomit on the gym floor. I've been taking ducolax but I can't keep doing that either bc it's habit forming. Any help on what to take or do to ease the only side effect I've had would be of great help. Thank you :)
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    asnerurkar wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for contributing, this is so helpful & reassuring.
    Does anybody have experience getting off of Saxenda?
    I missed a dose yesterday & started feeling hungry, which I haven't since I started taking it. I'm guessing after you stop the medication, it is will power

Yes I can confirm that Saxenda is (at least now) considered a “maintenance” medication under my insurance plan. So once the weight is managed, the medication still needs to be taken to maintain.

After all, obesity is a chronic illness and just like you don’t stop taking your meds for heart disease because you feel better, you should t stop treating your obesity because you’re thinner now or it will come back.
  • sue1447
    sue1447 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input. I love reading all the positives! Do you find it works differently if you take it in the morning vs evening? I heard increasing doses can make you nauseous and wondered if night time is best?

I had to start at just 2 clicks of the pen due to nausea initially. Finally after 8 months I was able to titrate slowly up to 3 mg. It made me a little nauseated with each increase until the last month of titration from 2.4 - there was hardly any nausea at all. And if it happened it was very mild and manageable.