Veggie Burgers

Options
Hi,
Has anyone got a favourite homemade vegan veggie burger recipe? I don't want any soy in it.
Thanks,
Jackie

Replies

• shellywillmann
    shellywillmann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I recently discovered the meatless meatballs from Trader Joe's are vegan. I don't think there is soy. I think it's chick peas. I've been thinking that I want to smash them on a burger bun and try it as a hamburger.
  • shellywillmann
    Options
    Nevermind my previous post. I just checked the package. They are made of soy ... thought for sure it was lentils.
  • shellywillmann
    Options
    Here is the most popular vegan burger recipe from my favorite vegan food blog. It has no soy! It looks so good, and one day I will make it!

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This chickpea burger recipe is AAHHHHMAZING! My meat eating friends love it! Substitute the taziki for hummus and you have a winner!! http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2011/10/colleens-chickpea-burgers-with-tahini-sauce.html
  • shellythepink
    Options
    I've tried a lot of fancy burgers and found some nice ones, but a while ago I tried the basic recipe from Jeff Novick, not expecting much because it looked too basic. It was the most amazing hit with everyone and I haven't made any others since. It was really just a can of red kidney beans mashed up with half a cup of brown rice, half a cup of oats and a tbsp of ketchup. He said to use salsa, but I wasn't sure exactly what that meant. Then you can just adjust herbs and spices to what you fancy. We've tried Mexican flavours, curry flavours and Chinese styles. I make mine into 4 burgers and bake them in the oven along with some fat free fries. They are a touch on the drier side of burgers, but once you get a bit of salad on the bun, then you're in heaven! I believe that Jeff has a whole DVD on making burgers, which I must get based on the original recipe.
  • cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    YouTube has tons of videos with recipes. Those who never liked meat I would assume like a vegetable tasting burger like black bean vs. the plant based burgers (similar to Beyond and Impossible) which tastes very similar to beef. I like them all and haven't eaten beef for well over a year. Will never go back especially for the health benefits.
    BTW, I am not a vegan, I just don't eat beef and I love vegan recipes.