Replies

• JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • denaberg1
    denaberg1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes- 30 min dance and 40 minutes core and cardio.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Sleep is a hard one. I LOVE sleep, but I stay up too late quite often. To try to help by setting a task on my daily to-do checklist for going to bed by 11:30. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, here I am checking in at 12:30 am in my time zone and I see the topic is adequate sleep. Oops! I do struggle because I am a night person and can easily get solid work done at 11 pm; however I'm a teacher so am supposed to be ready to work at 8 am. I'm not meant for this schedule! :)

Today was yes x2. Over on calories but tracked them all and took a long walk.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 30 mins / 1.68 mi + abs
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? yes, abs
    Pass Days Used: 1/3

Sleep: I have no trouble sleeping once I fall asleep but in the last 15 years or so I've had recurring insomnia. When I retired six months ago it virtually disappeared but then returned a few weeks ago which seems to coincide with taking an online class. The things that keep me from falling asleep: can't get comfortable, can't shut my brain down, not actually tired and breathing issues due to allergies. I have no strategies. I've tried various things but nothing has actually ever worked. At this point I just live with it knowing that I will sleep well and long the following day.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

March 11

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 1/3
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Pass day #2. Tracked my food, was just under my calorie budget. But i got 0 exercise today. Maybe I’ll make up for it tomorrow. (Fewer work meetings on Friday. )
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    March 11
    Exercise: 50 min. Weight training, 45 minutes swimming, 45 minutes stretching
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days: 0
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri : knowing you have to sleep and counting how many (little) hours you have until you have to wake up is a clear sleep killer!

I sleep too little again! When I put the kids to bed I only think of what's left undone... Last night it took me 1h for a regular 15 min job, because I was slow, got easily distracted (was listening to music on Youtube while working) and kept making silly mistakes. I also still work out late, though I am working on that. These are all no-doers.

No coffee after 2 or 3 p.m., no working out for at least 2h before bedtime, no mobile Devices 2hrs before bed are all good strategies.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Worked out with my older kid today (my 🏋‍♀️, for him a lighter variant) and walked 🚶‍♀️ once with the kids, later on with hubs. I had about 300 cal left. Enough for the 🍷 left in the fridge. Except there was only a sip left. 😭 I don't really drink, but for days now I thought it's time hubs and I finish it and now I finally had the calories for it 🥂. Hillarious 😂
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,394 Member
    Options
    Yes on all 3.
    Included lots of incidental exercise as well (more standing than sitting throughout the workday)

Official intentional exercise was 40 minutes for my walking game before work and 603 cals burned on my "(stationary) bike commute home" between getting off work and suppertime.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes on everything. No pass days.

I've checked in for my vaccination online so it will hopefully be a little faster.

When the pandemic started last year, I started working on my sleep habits just because of stress. Tax time is bad for stress at work and when they extended the deadlines last year it was the same as the stress being extended. Essentially, we never got a break. I set bedtimes and wake up times, exercise time, relaxation time. I use melatonin in a time release version now. In that year, I've only blown up twice. These days it is not unusual for me to get a full 8 hours of sleep.

Everyone in our office is looking forward to a "normal" tax year that lets us get those breaks.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Well, that was a timely post. For the last month I'd say, I have been sleeping much better than usual. Normally, I fall asleep very quickly but have difficulty staying asleep. I used to wake up at 3am all the time and be unable to fall back asleep, but this last year with COVID I'd started waking up at midnight. I credit my Whoop Band with the improvement. It has a sleep coach and it tells me how short I am on sleep (normally an hour these days) and tells me when I should go to bed. I've realized also I can't do weights at night as it makes me too energized, strangely spin is fine. I also completely agree with everyone about the lights. I got rid of my alarm clock because of the glowing light and got blackout shades because of the streetlights.

Exercise: Yoga (30)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • cnorman100
    cnorman100 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    All of my adult life I've been one who was able to fall asleep just minutes after my head hit the pillow. But in the last year I'm occasionally getting some insomnia. I go to bed early (9pm with "lights out" at 9:30) and get up at 5:45am. I've started taking some melatonin, but find that it makes me have dreams! (Last night I dreamt about being chased by BigFoot!) :blush: I've tried meditating and some deep breathing exercises, but usually just have to lie there and wait it out. Thankfully, it doesn't happen very often.

Mar 11:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 204 minutes.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1627/2210
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 0/3

15,105 steps
    60/55/50 planks (seconds)

"I can't manage what I don't measure and I can't improve upon something that I don't properly manage."
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes