49 days to go!

3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
7 WEEKS!

UGH! So far away from my goal! Dang it! Oh well, just gonna keep on pushing on.

I'm supposed to run 6 miles today, but I may postpone it until tomorrow. I have a counseling session and I'm not sure how intense or exhausting it will be so I'm giving myself the option of changing my running day if I need to. My appointment is at 9 so I'll just see how I feel afterward. I'm feeling extremely anxious right now. My hubby is home and will be doing all of the cooking. I'll try to track calories as best I can. With the longer running distances, staying hydrated and eating better is definitely an important focus.

Have a great day, ladies :)

Replies

• sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    3GH, go running anyway! If you are drained after the counseling session, it will be an emotional/higher-brain fatigue. Going running will trigger different pathways in your brain, physical and (say the following in a sexy voice... this burns more calories) ...... primitive...... Getting the primitive mental and physical pathways going will free up the emotional pathways, and you will feel physically better and generally more empowered, less overwhelmed, and less anxious. DO NOT POSTPONE! <3

I am frustrated because after months of being within my MFP points, exercising another 200-700 calories a day, etc., there is essentially no movement on the scale. I think I am eating too many fats and carbs, even if within the MFP calorie counts. I think I just have to admit that I am a short middle-aged woman and diet plans designed for younger taller people are just not going to work. Sigh. I think I will try to basically live off vegetables and small amounts of lean protein during the week, and on weekends, allow myself to go wild and eat a croissant or whatever.

As you say, just gotta keep pushing on. You go running, though, and I will get off the couch right now and go resume cleaning up horse paddock after several months of it being too frozen to clean. I got lotsa shoveling and wheelbarrow-ing to do. :) Mmm-mmm-mmm. :-)
  • 3greyhorses
    @sharonarkoff thanks. It's just that running 6 miles may be too much. That's the most I've run in a very long time and it would be extremely hard on the best of days. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it or maybe I'll just do 30 minutes to get the benefit. From what I've heard, the therapy I'm about to start is extremely intense and leaves you drained. Everyone is different though so we'll see. I just don't want to beat myself up for not being able to do everything I want.

I definitely feel you with the short middle-aged woman syndrome. Cleaning the paddock will burn lots of calories!
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Good morning!

Today is going to be a gorgeous sunny day here in the PNW, so of course I have to go out hiking. Well, not really hiking, still working on strengthening my ankle. It will more likely be a nature walk with a couple of small hills. Hubby and I are taking the puppy out with us, this will be her first time out on a hike.

@3greyhorses I agree, do the short run you will definitely get the benefit. Don't put pressure on yourself to do the 6 miles.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Could not get my head in the game to calm down enough at night and sleep some, so yesterday I was in the weeds again ๐Ÿ˜ .
    Last night it finally happened and I feel rested and normal.

Outside is gorgeous so I might take the dog and go for a walk in the park like you @taxgirl1 , although heโ€™s losing his mind a bit when he sees another dog.

@3greyhorses - a bit of physical exercise sounds good after a heavy session.
    Most times right before a very big situation, it gets super stressful and even scary before getting good - think before the wedding, or delivery, or buying a house. So I think the same way is going when you find a good therapist.

@sharonarkoff - I feel you- Iโ€™m 5.2 and 49yo and last year I maintained 7mo, and this year in full-
    I tried the hard pushing you are talking about, now Iโ€™m trying the easy one people say and my results are microscopic. Gotta say my days are nowhere close to yours, the heaviest ever gets here is when Iโ€™m vacuuming ๐Ÿ˜

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • 3greyhorses
    Hey guys! I appreciate everyone's input. Therapy was good...didn't start with the super heavy stuff yet. She gave me some exercises to do to help ground me as we prep for digging into the trauma. I REALLY like her and trust her process. Sooooo, right after the session, I put on my running shoes and headed out for a 6 mile run! It wasn't too bad at all. As I've experimented a little with diet, I've come to realize that it really does help to eat pasta the night before. My legs were getting sore, but overall I didn't feel like I was really running out of steam.....too much anyway. :blush: Thanks again for the support!
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Hi ladies ๐Ÿ’Ÿโ˜ฎ๏ธ

Glad to hear the session and running went well Paree ๐ŸŒท

Hope everyone else is enjoying their nice weather ๐ŸŒˆ

Gorgeous day here today, i wish I had more than 3 hours free this afternoon before i have to work all night til 2:30am.... ๐Ÿ˜ญ

We'll take a sunset walk this afternoon but idk if I'll do any extra exercise ๐Ÿ™ we'll see i guess ... Want to do something good tomorrow though ๐Ÿคž

Tutoring Hector is going fine... Sooooo many learning gaps to fill but we're moving along. I enjoy it and i know I'm doing a good thing, but i will be glad when he can start school in Sept and I won't have to set my alarm 6 mornings a week ๐Ÿ‘€ with the working late nights too my sleep schedule is definitely compromised and i am tired most afternoons.

Jamey sm
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Oops. Anyway Jamey is still quitting the ๐Ÿšญ... He's struggling but keeping the #s low, not cold turkey yet

Have a great weekend y'all ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ
  • 3greyhorses
    @taxgirl1 I hope you had a great hike with the pup! Nothing better than a nice weather PNW day!

@GabiV125 glad you got some sleep. I'm used to being an insomniac, but definitely appreciate it when I get a decent night's sleep. It makes everything just a touch easier. Hope you got to the park!

@rayonrainbows You're doing an amazing job working towards your goals around that crazy schedule. I have no idea how you do it!