48 days to go!

3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Happy Sunday!

Yesterday's discussion with @sharonarkoff and @GabiV125 about weight loss seeming impossibly slow led me to a search about Set Point Theory of weight loss. A theory that basically says that we have a genetic set point for the weight our bodies want us to stay at. Some researchers think it's a key factor in weight loss, others don't put much value into the theory. All I know is that over the past couple of decades 165lbs-ish is where my body really likes to stay, no matter what I do. BUT with that said, I am going to keep fighting to create a new, lower set point!
https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-ways-to-change-your-set-point-weight/

Today is a rest day so my hubby and I are going to clean up and paint our guest room :blush: I also hope to ride 2 horses. I'm having a lot of fun riding lately :blush: With my hubby home and cooking, I'm trying my best to log calories, but he doesn't measure anything so it really is just a guestimate. I might not know the calories, but I do know it's all whole plant-based foods so it's pretty healthy.

Enjoy your day! We've got this!

Replies

• taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    I woke up so tired this morning. Between my first time out hiking yesterday in over 3 months, lack of sleep over the last few days, and me taking my allergy medication for the first time this allergy season, I slept in later than usual and I feel exhausted. I did some yoga this morning and that definitely helped.

I know that when I'm tired I can snack a lot more, so I already started dinner, my hubby and I are trying a new recipe for a sausage ragu, so that I already have dinner prepared.

@3greyhorses Have fun with the painting. I absolutely hate painting, but when I'm done painting it's so satisfying and makes such a big difference.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Happy Pi Day ☺️

I coincidentally made an *amazing* nacho pie for bfast before i remembered it's 3.14 ♨️

I was feeling so proud because i cut my 900cal portion I'd made for myself in half and decided to eat it .5 at a time and realized I was perfectly satiated after my first plate 💫 more for later! 🤓

Off to sunset walk, might sit and relax in the beach a while, then taking it easy tonight 🌈 my calorie goal for today is to aim low but be satisfied with under maintenance 🌷

I did just find/pull out the jump rope i recently bought! Im not a kid anymore... Those things wear me out! I want to start using it some! And swimming more! Ready to open myself to more positive changes 🙏🌈🌈
  • rayonrainbows
    Btw @3greyhorses i think of course there's a certain biological factor to our body comp, but in the end now with all these calorific modern foods and odd activity & sleep levels i think the more compelling factor to our maintenance weight is just lifestyle and food/drink habits.

I also have tended to rest around 165 my adult life (after being 150 at 11 yrs old and up to 200 by age 16 when i became vegan) which is why hitting that 200 lb mark again triggered a wake up call for me to make some changes... I can totally track the causes (injuries, work load, diet, etc) that lead my weigh to balloon over the past two years...

Though i do know that as much as i get used to ~165 and get more complacent.. when I was 140 like 7 years ago it also seemed totally natural and healthy for my body

I haven't read the link you share yet, I'll check it out :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Can’t blame genetics, it’s me and my evening eating.
    Lack of sleep and increased stress are my big triggers.

Weirdly enough until I turned 34, stress used to suppress my appetite and I would lose weight in bad times. Then I turned 180 and food was the answer to any question.
  • rayonrainbows
    @3greyhorses read the article, all good tips! It's making me wonder if I should take a little break from "dieting" and maintain at 160 for a while once i reach that goal before i try and lose the last 20 pounds, but honestly I'm worried about losing this momentum and I'm a bit impatient to reach my final goal... Hmmm... Another case of knowing what the ~~healthy choice is but probably choosing to do it my way instead 😂