Just joined - Introduction

Joiha
Joiha Posts: 11 Member
Hi,
I just recently had blood tests done and the results indicated that one (of many) of my food sensitivities is to wheat and gluten. Just now starting to try to re-design my diet and I am really struggling to get this under control.
I am a mom of 5 almost grown kids and have been overweight my entire adult life. In 2014, I managed to lose 64 lbs (out of the 110 that I needed to lose) and then life got crazy. Since then I have divorced my husband of 25 years, gone back to college for a bachelor of science in biotechnology degree (graduated in may 2017) and will be graduating with my Master of science in Biotechnology in about 3 weeks. All of those were good things but in the process of achieving all those good things, I completely bailed on all of my health and fitness goals. I have re-gained about 45 lbs of the 64 that I lost and I am just now trying to get back on track with my diet and exercise.
I would love some friends along this journey.
Thanks

Replies

• judyrae777
    judyrae777 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey. I'm Judy. I'm Gluten and Dairy intolerant, always looking for simple recipes.
  • ollisb354
    ollisb354 Posts: 1 Member
    @judyrae777 I have a gluten allergy that is weird, I am dairy intolerant but won't surrender the cheese dip. I have found a ton on Pinterest and worked with a dietitian about a low histamine diet reset sometimes.