Peoples location & Introduce yourself :) Welcome to the group

Replies

• ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    St Neots in Cambridgshire

As previously said I'm from St Neots. Now the title of the thread has changed let me introduce myself as well.

I'm 46 and I would now describe myself as a yo you dieter and someone who had forgotten about fitness. In my 20's/ 30's I used to teach group fitness as a hobby around my day job. As a result of burning 2,000 cal a day in the gym and always on the move I never had to watch what I ate.

I re discovered my love of Fitness last year and I use LMOD (Les Mills on Demand) for my work outs. I have tried every 'diet', most recently was WW. I got concerned that their plan wasn't giving me enough fuel so I double tracked on here and found out I was 1,000 or less calories which worried me so now I am here to calorie count :)

To keep on track I post loads of photos on my wall whether food or exercise as I tend to reflect if I write and if i'm typing I cant eat lol

Anyway that's me!
  • Hay, I'm from Devon. Lost 5 stone, put on 9lb at Xmas which in now trying to get back off. 😁 💜
  • Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Hi, Lake District, West Cumbria. X
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Gill here from Ilkeston, East Mids. A slow yo-yo dieter, this is my 3rd go around the weight loss game. Hopefully this time I'll remember to keep tracking once I get to goal!
  • appleisbad
    appleisbad Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone I'm Apple, based in Reading :) Nice to see you guys
  • calori1234
    calori1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Goodmayes, East London
  • shehry
    shehry Posts: 7 Member
    Hey! From London
  • HighTower_77
    HighTower_77 Posts: 28 Member
    Hello,

New here!
    South-East, U.K.
  • Noon_spinach
    Noon_spinach Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, my name is Noon from Hull. If anyone need an a buddy in the area I'm very close to East Park. Nice to meet you.
  • DianeKayWhelan
    DianeKayWhelan Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm from the Greater Manchester area and just re-starting my fitness/weight loss journey. I'm looking to loose 70 lb in total but my initial goal is 10 lb by April. I have a sedentary job and drive a long way to and from work. This leaves me with little to no energy at the end f the day, so I would love a cheering section when I go manage to get off my *kitten* and exercise.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Hi all, Worcestershire here. Always happy to have new friends :)
  • agogiguess
    agogiguess Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I'm based in London and like most have a pretty sedentary job. Trying to get less skinnyfat!
  • cmkarnes
    cmkarnes Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all, I've been living in Harrogate for the past 4 years but originally from the States. I haven't logged anything since having my first child nearly 8 years ago, so it's time to get back to it. I'm an ICU nurse, so easily getting 10K steps during work but needing to be more active on days off. I'm interested in sharing food diaries for ideas and a sense of community.
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Hello All,

Ilkley, Yorkshire here. Early 40s and trying to lose the Dad bod and build some muscle while I still can.

Dave
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Hello Team GB! Bingley near Bradford!
  • davew0000
    Hello Team GB! Bingley near Bradford!

Just the other side of the moor! Hi there
  • Janatki
    Hi Dave, Frequent visitor to Ilkley as son plays for Ilkley Town FC!
  • davew0000
    My 6 year old plays for them too!
  • Janatki
    Loads goes on down there! Mine plays for Men’s second team & under 23’s... just means I’m his taxi 🤣
  • MarianH23
    MarianH23 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hi London here. Need all the motivation I can get :)
  • Kerryk61
    Kerryk61 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi I’m new here from wales
  • andyjl1984
    andyjl1984 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Andy from Sheffield, got into running during lockdown which I really enjoyed, just got back into doing a little weight workout in the garden but hopefully when the gyms open can start to try and get a little muscle back on. Feel free to add
  • nickyjbr
    nickyjbr Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi! I'm Nic, 35, Greater London

Attempting to lose 100lb+ somehow 😖

Will be mainly diet changes and walking to start as I was left with nerve damage following an operation last year, and will be needing more surgery in the future so want to get myself healthier in between surgeries!

Lost 6.5lb in my first week which was a shock!

Please feel free to add me for mutual support!
  • awesome_wells
    awesome_wells Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone

West Midlands based male here. I'm Tom.

Looking to lose all I've put on recently and need to fit into a suit in July that I could fit into a year ago, but now can't at all.

Feel free to add me to your friends list. I'm always after motivation and support.
  • donaldmackay12
    donaldmackay12 Posts: 125 Member
    Bedfordshire here , would love to lose them last pounds
  • nats2908
    nats2908 Posts: 2 Member
    Welcome everyone.

Who are you?

Where are you from?

Introduce yourself and say hi :)

• nats2908
    nats2908 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I’m from Reading xx
  • ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    HI
    From East Lothian...shedding 21 to 28lbs.....just need to screw the nut!
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm a returning member and can't remember if I posted on here last time or not!

Hi, I'm Mary from Manchester, I have had a crap time health wise the past few years and I am working on turning it around!

Just started PT sessions to improve my fitness and making small changes in my diet.

Happy to add new friends :)
  • sk3lr
    sk3lr Posts: 1 Member
    cmkarnes wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been living in Harrogate for the past 4 years but originally from the States. I haven't logged anything since having my first child nearly 8 years ago, so it's time to get back to it. I'm an ICU nurse, so easily getting 10K steps during work but needing to be more active on days off. I'm interested in sharing food diaries for ideas and a sense of community.

What a small world we are, I also live in Harrogate and I’m in healthcare too! Struggle on the rare days off as I’m mentally drained and having to get up at 05:30 to get the workouts in before work. Needs must 🙃