7 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
edited April 2021 in Social Groups
ONE WEEK!!!

I had an aha moment in the pool yesterday. I went there thinking "I have to go swimming today" because it was on my to-do list and I know I need to exercise to lose weight and be healthier. After trudging along for about 20 minutes, something in my brain lit up. All of a sudden, I told myself to push it "because you WANT to because you WANT to be stronger and more powerful, not because you HAVE to". With each stroke, I could feel myself pushing harder and reaching further. Usually, when that happens for me it's out of anxiety or anger. This was not that. This was a pure desire to challenge myself. It felt amazing! The change in mindset made the rest of the day so much better. Of course, there are plenty of things in our lives that we HAVE to do, but if we change our perspective on why we're doing certain things, maybe we could live happier lives :blush:

Today is a running day. I will run because I want to feel challenged, accomplished and powerful. I will ride because I want to keep my horses and myself in top shape so we can have the most fun riding with friends and going to shows for the social aspects. I will also watch the live stream of the biggest (hardest) horse show of my discipline we have in the US because it's freaking awesome! https://broadcast.usef.org/coverage/2021lrk3de/

Have a great day <3

ligf19pgk41m.png

Replies