Hello??

Options
ashilyyy1
ashilyyy1 Posts: 5 Member
Hey.. is this little group still a thing? I see there isn’t much posted...

I’m Ashley- I’m 28 from VA.. had VSG dec 2017... I lost 80+ pounds the first year and felt wonderful but over the past several months I’ve gained 30 of it back.. I’m trying to get it under control now before I gain it all back.

For exercise I go to Crossfit classes a few times a week and attempt to walk/jog around my neighborhood sometimes.

I’ve made it a goal of mine to track everything I eat. It’s very eye opening. I do my best when I exercise and track my food. I’m not doing any specific kind of diet just being more conscious of eating good foods (we all know what’s good and bad at this point) and definitely including more veggies and greens. I do monitor my carbs and sugars.

Anyway, if y’all are interested in maybe being a little more active on this page I’m here, I’m going through the same struggles.. and I know if we are positive and work hard we can get it done y’all.

Replies

• kathiraupe
    kathiraupe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley :smiley:

My name is Katy, I am a 30-year-old from Germany. Our vsg community is incredibly toxic which is why I am looking to find people to connect to from the US.

I have has my sleeve surgery on 1st March 2018, which makes this my second surgiversary this year :smile: About a year ago I fell back into old habits and from the 60kgs had lost, I have gained back 15-20kgs. I swore myself that I will get back on track and am currently doing pretty well.

I also track everything I eat. This is the first time I have ever been honest about tracking food. As for workout, I try to get in my 9000 steps daily at least. Even though my scale doesn't change too much rn, I feel myself getting healthier and more active again. I also started some soft yoga to use some muscles I often don't use in my office job :blush:
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Leah. I had my VSG back in October of 2018. I did really well and got really close to my goal weight. Then I started Nursing school, COVID hit, and now I've regained almost 50 pounds, which terrifies me. I desperately want to get back on track, so today is a new day and I'm beginning again, again.
  • thatalabamamom
    thatalabamamom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Christan and I am from Alabama. I had VSG in 2015 and lost over 280 lbs. In 2019, I had a cancer scare and had to have an emergency hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries. I have since battled hormone issues along with thyroid issues, and have gained a lot back. I am so mad at myself. I hate that I have let things get out of control. I also suffer from other issues including lipedema and lymphedema, hashimotos, heart trouble, asthma, and many vitamin deficiencies.

I am determined to get this weight back off of me. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can be each others accountability partner.
  • LaurenSabia1
    LaurenSabia1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I just posted this under motivation, I would love to connect with you to motivate eachother! Feel free to add me, I haven’t seen any really active groups about this subject here.

I’m six years post vsg- hw241, lw128, cw145. Starting to log food daily again after a year of messing around to get back to my goal of 130. I had gained back up to 158 a year ago and now I do mostly keto, but I’m starting to log again and I’m going to attempt to go back to kickboxing classes to make sure I don’t regain again and get back to where I felt best. Looking for some folks who have had their vsg as long as I have or longer, so we can motivate eachother and learn from one another. Hit me up if you want be a tube stomach friend😂