Trust the Fitbit?

Options
toadflaxbex
toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
To start, I’m a heavy lady (42yrs) just starting again my weight loss journey after COVID set me back by 33kg! Exercise is new too after a couple years focussing on other things.
I have everything set as sedentary and then use some of my exercise calories to bump things up a bit. Normally I’d go for a 45 min bike ride and get about 400 cals for it but don’t push myself much.
Tonight I went for about an hour, I ride slow but enough to get my heart rate up and got myself 754 cals. I’m worried that’s not correct. Attached a screenshot. Can I trust this?oduy25wngipz.png

Replies

• Mountainlove
    Mountainlove Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don’t know. I would tend to think that’s not realistic. In the last month or so, I’ve had a terrible time with my FitBit recording/measuring/calculating accurately. If you go to the Fitbit community (on Fitbit.com - I think; or click the community icon at the bottom of your screen when in the app), there’s a huge thread where people voiced their issues after the last update. I, myself, get three different mileage reports for the same route I run during the week. Today there was a 0.7 mile difference between what my phone recorded, the actual distance and the Fitbit. The Fitbit added 0.4 miles to the route while my phone was 0.3 miles under today. I don’t know why I even bother with it anymore.

I’m sorry I’m not more help!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would tend to believe it's close to accurate. Depending on your weight, you could easily burn 500-700 calories with almost an hour of cardio.
  • deannabak2364
    deannabak2364 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just my Fitbit my differences in one from the next depends on how I slept, my pace how I ate during the day. I power walk and have to different distances. My pace if different will burn different calories even distance. It’s the same distance every time but if my pace and stride change so does distance, step and how quickly I get done. I don’t know if this helps but I’m new to forum and looking to make friends and over all health support