Smart watches. What's the best? Discuss...

Smart watches. What's the best? Discuss...

Replies

• ClaireBri74
    ClaireBri74 Posts: 84 Member
    I have my Garmin fexix 5 s and a Myzone HR belt

I got the MyZone when a gym I was going to used them and I thought they were very cool. I tried a few activity trackers and then ended up with the Garmin Fenix as I liked the GPS tracking for it. I now have a cadence sensor on my spin bike that links to it as well.

The best part of the Garmin is you can easily swap straps lol I have 'work out / day straps' which are silicon and practical then I have a sparkly silver one for If I ever go out again :) Takes literally second to swap.
  • Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Well, no longer the Fitbit Blaze. Ive been stung with incorrect info of late👎
  • ClaireBri74
    Paul_Ingy wrote: »

Has it stopped syncing with here? The fried I workout with on the web has a Fitbit. I have a Garmin and a heart rate monitors motor. We can do the same class and be 300 calories different. I know I'm bigger so will burn more but even so.....
  • MrGBLincs
    MrGBLincs Posts: 7 Member
    I've got a Huawei Watch GT. It was a Father's Day present. Before tha, I'd made do with a HRM chest strap and the Wahoo app in my phone. My magic man sweat used to somehow eat chest HRM straps, and I've been through loads; cheap, expensive, in between - it was getting a bit tiresome, and so far, the watch is a lot more robust.

However, being Huawei, it won't sync with anything other than the Huawei health app; not MFP, Strava, Mapmyfitness, anything at all, so I am thinking I might upgrade to something better in the next few months.
  • ClaireBri74
    MrGBLincs wrote: »
    However, being Huawei, it won't sync with anything other than the Huawei health app; not MFP, Strava, Mapmyfitness, anything at all, so I am thinking I might upgrade to something better in the next few months.

I had huawei before I went to my garmin. It was my first taste of a smart watch :)
  • Paul_Ingy
    Paul_Ingy Posts: 123 Member
    Paul_Ingy wrote: »

Has it stopped syncing with here? The fried I workout with on the web has a Fitbit. I have a Garmin and a heart rate monitors motor. We can do the same class and be 300 calories different. I know I'm bigger so will burn more but even so.....

Hasn't stopped syncing, it gave me a crazy calorie burn on a walk last week that just wasn't correct
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    I too have just ditched FitBit. I loved my charge HR, but wanted one to swim with -- enter the Versa... I've had two, both of which only lasted a year before (first one) being replaced or a replacement offered.... but the Versa is OLD apparently, at least, as far as the help and updates are concerned. I've found it sooo glitchy I've finally given up and gone to a Garmin Vivoactive 4.
  • Maesneuadd
    Maesneuadd Posts: 61 Member
    I habe wasted time on many of these but usually come back to Garmin. The sports functions seem better, it would just be nice if it could link to some diabetes apps