Introductions!

Options
2»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    fvnge6aw4qnn.jpg
    Hi folks. Back in for June. Welcome to our returnees and newcomers, and a thousand thanks to our leader, @RangerRickL for helping us stay accountable.

I’m Terri from Northern Ireland. Back for my 32nd month. Still working on improving my fitness and health. Made the Winners Circle 31 times so far.

UAC is a good place for anyone to start practicing new habits in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. Through being a member, I have achieved my lowest weight in 4 decades, and have maintained it since late 2019.

Just a few details on my personal journey to health and fitness.

Aim for 2021 ~ maintain around 145 (I may even manage to drop a little more! 😂

I am FOCUSED on heathy food choices and
    DETERMINED to achieve my goals!

SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    LW: 142.2 (Mar 2021)
    UGW: 140 (this may change when I get there 😂 )
    CW: < 145
    • Initially, dropped down to around 165, and stayed about there until late 2018.
    • Set new goal in 2019 to drop to 155.
    • Reset it to 150 in March 2020
    • reset it to 145 in September 2020
    • My ideal situation is to maintain < 150
    • I use CI/CO and a variety exercise for extra calories.
    • Logic would suggest that I have found a natural comfortable weight, and, according to Smart BMI calculation, I am in the upper range of normal for my age and height. However, logic doesn't always dictate our desires and feelings. 😂
    WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED
    1. Getting and staying healthy and fit requires the development of a permanent lifestyle reset.
    2. Replacing unhelpful habits with more useful ones is key to to the process.
    3. Losing weight is only one of the elements.
    4. Eating healthy and staying actively is not OPTIONAL, but an ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL.
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.

REMINDERS One or two thoughts on weight which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be several lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a permanent lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    riaceltic wrote: »
    Hello. I just signed up ready to start June 1st. First time in the group. Was wondering how do ypu log a bit? Can't really get faloroes for a lick..lol does that even count..?

It really depends on how big a lick you can take 😂😂😂
    For example, my other half always groans when I ask for a lick of his ice cream. I once managed to remove most of the one scoop he had in his cone 😂😂😂

Seriously, though, you need to be aware that every single nibble, sip and lick of food has calories, so should be accounted for, otherwise they could sabotage your efforts.

If you want advice, ask questions. Someone will always answer.
  • riaceltic
    riaceltic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I noticed several groups inside this big group for this challenge.. where do we sign in everyday here or somewhere else? Thank you
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Hello all, im back again and looking forward to June!!! I started UAC in December 2020. I live in Australia near the beach, I am 38 married and hve a buba. I am going to spend some time today thinking about some realistic goals for June, ill share them once i know wat they are. I look forward to another month with all u inspiring, amazing beautiful ppl. Welcome to all the newcomers i hope this group changes ur life like it has changed mine. Lastly best wishes to u all i wish u all success!! Xox
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I noticed several groups inside this big group for this challenge.. where do we sign in everyday here or somewhere else? Thank you

If you look under discussions there is one for each day of the month. You should post in the respective discussion for each day answering the three accountability questions.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options

@Riaceltic here is the link to the group in general https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021 If you scroll down, you will see the thread for each day. Either @RangerRickL or I, @smoda61, will start each day's thread. I added the June 1st opener 20 minutes ago, so you should be able to see posts have started. Tomorrow will be the June 2nd and so on and so on. Good luck!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Wild horses couldn’t drag me out of this group. Oh, I can be more creative than that. How about, crazed zombies chasing me through an old graveyard couldn’t convince me to quit this group. In other words, June will be my 6th month and it’s the BEST!

Yay @biketheworld ! My approach exactly!!
    Hugs 🌸
    Maddie
    Hi! My name is Connor, I am 18 years old and I use he/they pronouns. This is my first month joining the UAC. I really need to lose weight. If you want to know anything, just let me know; I'm not good at introductions.

@squirrelnoodles aka Connor. Nice to meet you! I sure wish I’d joined UAC when I was 18. I’m happy to help you with any questions you might have!

🌸Maddie
    Beginning my 40th month!
    Hello. I just signed up ready to start June 1st. First time in the group. Was wondering how do ypu log a bit? Can't really get faloroes for a lick..lol does that even count..?

@riaceltic Hi! I use another tracker, but you can usually enter grams which help for a lick!

Best,
    Maddie 🌸
  • Oofta_1507
    Oofta_1507 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope its not too late to join for June. Im new to MFP but a habitual yo yo dieter. I was hoping quarantine would be my time to focus on finally losing those last 10 pounds but instead I managed to gain 40 more! I definitely need the accountability! I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong spot... still trying to figure the app out
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Oofta_1507 It is never late. Welcome 🤗 You are at the right place. I put the same 40+ during quarantine which are by the way now gone since January. Being in this community helped me a lot :)