June 2021 Monthly WL Challenge

Options
Gnawcraft
Gnawcraft Posts: 734 Member
Welcome to our new members!

If you are new and want to join in, by all means, please do - we love to celebrate those losses with you! This is the standard format we try to use for these threads:

Name: (if you'd like to share)

My Numbers:
SW: Starting weight before you lost anything.
CW: Current weight at the beginning of the challenge.
GW: Goal weight for the month (what you would like to weigh at the end of the monthly challenge) Try to keep it realistic and SAFE!
LTGW: Lifetime goal weight ( What you would like to weigh at the end of your weight loss journey)

Weigh-ins: What days you will weigh-in; for example, Fridays
6/4/21 = (Fill out after each weigh-in.)
6/11/21 =
6/28/21 =
6/25/21= (final weigh in for the month)
Total WL/G for the month= total weight lost or gained for the month

It was also suggested that we could track our measurements at the beginning of each month to see how we do there, so feel free to add those too this month!

Let's get it!😎🌞🌈💥

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Cheesy
    SW: 330
    CW: 264
    GW: 259
    LTGW: 235 for a BMI of 35 per the doc

Weigh-ins Thursday’s
    6/3:
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:
    Total for June:
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jenny, new (again) here and would love friends with open diaries! Realizing I have a major addiction and focused on tracking everything, even on bad days.

SW: 325
    CW: 313
    GW: 308 for June
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Tuesday’s
    6/8:
    6/15:
    6/22:
    6/29
    Total for June:

Cheesy, your progress gives me encouragement that this is achievable!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 287
    GW:282
    LTGW: 154

Weigh-ins: Fridays
    6/4/21 = 287
    6/11/21 =
    6/28/21 =
    6/25/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 0lb

Measurements:
    Neck - 41cm (16 inches) (Same as last month)
    Waist - 143cm (56 inches) (-2 inch from last month)
    Hips - 166cm (62 inches) (-2 inch from last month)

Hey hey everyone! Awesome to see you all here again.
  • StacieBugPrude
    StacieBugPrude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Stacie 38, 5'4"
    SW: 298 (281lbs joined MFP)
    CW: 215
    GW: 212
    LTGW: 135

6/4/21 = 215 🤗
    6/11/21 =
    6/28/21 =
    Total WL/G for the month= total weight lost or gained for the month

I skipped and jumped out of the 220s which is such a relief! It has definately motivated me to do better this month. Last august I got down to 220, but then fell out of routine. By Jan 2021 I was back up to 255. It took almost a year to finally see 219. This is proof that stopping to acknowledge you messed up and getting back on track is the way to go. Now, just 85lbs left to go 🤞💪🤞
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Way to go @StacieBugPrude!! 🎊🎉🥳
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    It’s been a journey @FancyIsMyName . It’s taken some time to focus on binge behavior first, for me, before taking a deficit to lose weight. I realized I was fighting my own progress otherwise. The podcast “HalfSize Me” really helped me recognize that, and the book “Brain over Binge” and the writings of Dr Yoni Freedhoff. Since 2017 I focus on weight maintenance more than weight loss. If any stressors hit me, I go into maintenance mode. It’s made all the difference. I’m at my lowest weight since 2013 now, after yo-yoing rapidly between 330 and 280 several times since 2011.

I’m on a migraine medicine that has the nice side effect of appetite suppression (topomax) since late 2019. It’s also used for weightloss. I’m on high-dose steroids and am tapering that, so the gradually lower doses are helping too.

I’m logging everything now, and I did from 2015 I think until up until late 2019 or so. I stopped after an injury in 2020 and resumed in April 2021 or so. Feel free to send a friend request if you want to see it
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Cheesy

Weigh-ins Thursday’s
    6/3: 265.4
    6/10:
    6/17:
    6/24:
    Total for June:

It’s been a challenging week, and this upcoming week will be too I think. I’m focusing this weekend on meal planning and prep for the upcoming week as best I can. Yogurt and fruit parfaits portioned out for breakfasts and snacks, making two roasts in the instapot (too hot for the stove, lol!) and going to portion it out for “tv dinners” portioned out with frozen veggies with my own seasoning. I can freeze these too, prepping for hard weeks ahead. Cook once and eat for weeks, you know? Then make some broth in the IP, and a big batch of meat/veggie soup matched to my macros to eat for the week and to freeze. Probably a variation of white chicken chili. That’ll be made tomorrow.

Boring. But less thought means fewer decisions, and less impulsive decisions for me. Important for me when I’m stressed. And ready and quick. And I’ll keep broth for Tom Yum if I want something flavorful. That’ll work too.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    Cheesy, I’ve been looking for a good podcast, and listened to Halfsize Me today. I really like the format and will definitely add that to my day!

I also had used Topomix in the past and it helped my migraines significantly.

• FancyIsMyName
    Options

SW: 325
    CW: 313
    GW: 308 for June
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Tuesday’s
    6/8: 312.2
    6/15:
    6/22:
    6/29
    Total for June:

The day after I posted my CW for June, it jumped back up to 318-315 for the rest of the week. I mentally knew that it was water retention and a stall. But I had been pushing my calories higher on a daily basis, and absolutely losing control after dinner. It was a mentality that I deserved more since I had been so “ good” during the day.

However, I kept going. I’m tweaking my snacks to higher volume vegetables, and trying to strategize in advance for evening. I am focusing on developing habits that are sustainable forever. Not just now.

And finally yesterday, the scale dropped 3 lbs. So even though it doesn’t show much progress over last week, I feel like I succeeded at not quitting when discouraged.

I’ve been absolutely shocked at how many calories eating consciously takes, and know realize how many I must have been eating prior to this. I just need to repeat this progress 10 more times, and I’ll reach my GW. That’s achievable.
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    @FancyIsMyName isn't it crazy how calories add up?! If i stopped logging my foid i would definitely be over everyday. Congrats on getting back on track! Convincing yourself that snacks aren't a reward is hard too. I was doing my stationary bike to "earn" more snacks. Well, that didn't work 😕
    😆
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I am back, I have a few bad weeks and fell off but I am back up and doing pretty good this week. I'll do my first weigh in since 5/23 I was 360. I will be happy even if its 1lb I can do this. I can make better choices
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Good to see you back @Skittles2183 , you got this!

• Cheesy567
    Options
    Cheesy

Weigh-ins Thursday’s
    6/3: 265.4
    6/10: 262.8
    6/17:
    6/24:
    Total for June:

The cook-ahead plan worked ok, even though I didn’t get it all done. I found a recipe for beef curry on the TwoSleever’s recipe blog (check it out if you like low-carb international recipes, lots of easy instapot recipes there, great tasting and well-tested). That one is going to become a staple in my rotation.

More of the same for this week, the heat is hard on me and it’s record heat by me. Tuesday I follow-up with the weightloss clinic, we’ll see what they say. On Wednesday the local CSA cooperative starts delivering, looking forward to what they have in store.

This week’s meal plans are yogurt-fruit and oat parfaits for breakfasts, probably egg scrambles/ sandwiches for lunches, and chicken chili/ beef roast for dinners, try to work in a couple salmon or mahi-mahi entrees in there. Except today, I’m traveling to the cities, so it’ll be goofy road snacks.

Still have to work out a better plan-ahead for road trips. Used to have it all figured out but have gotten lazy in that regard.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    Nice to see you @Skittles2183! I’m so glad you are here.

Excellent job @Cheesy567, I’m inspired that you are so close to your goal but still carefully thinking out a plan.

I usually can’t gag down Greek yogurt, but I’ve been playing around with it, and freezing it after mixing with sugar free jello. It’s given me a little sweet diversion at night as I get away from sweets and desserts multiple times a day.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @StacieBugPrude, you are so right! I’ve been taking a giant bag of cut up veggies for the afternoon stress attack and it’s been helping immensely. I’ve consciously realized that it’s ok to be hungry for awhile (obvious to others) and that my prior routines weren’t helping anyway. I almost feel like smokers describe needing something in their hands while they break the habit.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 287
    GW:282
    LTGW: 154

6/4/21 = 287
    6/11/21 = 290
    6/28/21 =
    6/25/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 0lb

Measurements:
    Neck - 41cm (16 inches) (Same as last month)
    Waist - 143cm (56 inches) (-2 inch from last month)
    Hips - 166cm (62 inches) (-2 inch from last month)

Okay so between my mum sending me a care package of Turkish food (my favourite)... now my friends in Denmark have sent me a ton of sweet waffle treats and my friends in Ireland sent me like 25 bags of potato chips. Now none of these are things that have happened before so them all happening at once has been a nightmare for my fragile will power (also I don't know how many calories are in any of this stuff so none of it got logged and I've already learned before that when I don't log I gain wait every time) :'( I'm feeling more aware that I need to stop eating this stuff now so will try and get it all fed to the husband lol. Plus side is that it's now a heatwave and I can't be bothered to eat when it's hot so I'm hoping that I can at least get back to what I was at the beginning of the month this week! Argh >_<

(I've been feeling embarrassed this year having to log these gains as I've basically stayed the same since I started in April but I feel like it's better to post and be embarrassed than to give up! -_- )

@Cheesy567 You're doing so great! I'm checking out the podcast you mentioned!

@StacieBugPrude You're a superstar, edging ever closer to Onederland hehe! Also your heaviest of 255 was actually my lightest haha xD

@FancyIsMyName Sounds like you're really getting on top of things! Keep up the good work <3

@Skittles2183 You're always more than welcome here so it's fantastic to have you back! I've been struggling last week and a bit too so let's try and cheer each other on :3

Sorry that was a crazily long post this week lol! <3333

• FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @Gnawcraft don't be embarrassed! This is life, and we’ve all been there before. Could you set some of the treat aside and save them my for later?

My take away from your update is that you are well loved by multiple people all over the world!!. Don’t let their expression of love distract you this week. It’s not the set back that’s a problem, the problem is allowing it to shake your confidence and to give up. You’ve got this!!!
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    Stacie 38, 5'4"
    SW: 298 (281lbs joined MFP)
    CW: 215
    GW: 212
    LTGW: 135

6/4/21 = 215 🤗
    6/11/21 =215.4
    6/28/21 =
    Total WL/G for the month= +.4
    Well it's a +, but it's not so bad. Going to start swimming at least once a week now that the beaches are open
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    @Gnawcraft fancyismyname is right, this is life. Temptation is always going to be a factor. You could portion out these snacks and enjoy a little everyday or once a week