What's in your garden?

cleoallen2
cleoallen2 Posts: 18 Member
Hello,

I live on a 38 acre farm. Most of it is woods but we have about one acre cleared. This year I have been reclaiming 5-6 flower gardens in the front yard. It sure has been a lot of work as they have not been tended to for 7 years. We also have a 40X40ft vegetable garden but I don't get too involved in that.

The strawberries this year have been fantastic. First picking on Sunday was about 4 pounds. Still plenty left. I hope the blueberries and raspberries do as well.

So what is in your garden?

Cleoallen2

Replies

• Memorylane2021
    Memorylane2021 Posts: 19 Member
    I have a variety! The group pic that you see here is part of my yard. I love to garden. My tomatoes are going wild with this heat that we are having. I plant everything! And then I can too.
  • cleoallen2
    cleoallen2 Posts: 18 Member
    Picked a ton of strawberries again yesterday. Boy are they having a good season.
  • fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    I just joined here, moving from SparkPeople. I am always needing much help with my gardening, so was looking for a garden group on here. I have only some tomatoes, Anaheim peppers, Spaghetti squash and Japanese eggplant in the garden, a strawberry patch, and a cucumber in a container this year. I had one eggplant but was too late harvesting it. Have one squash that looks like it will be good and one little tiny squash (big plant with lots of blossoms, though) and several tomatoes that are very small and green still. No cucummbers and the birds are eating my strawberries.