June 2021 Monthly WL Challenge

Options

Replies

• Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support and advice guys <3 I'm going to give most of it to my mum to look after and just get a little off her once a week and give a bunch to my Dad and brother :) Feeling a bit better now!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    @Gnawcraft that’s a great plan. You can do this!

Maintenance is a win, it’s every bit as hard as losing. You’re still here, still showing up, still *leading* this group. That speaks volumes!!

When you receive gifts of food from others, you can receive the love that was intended. There’s no rule that you or anyone else must eat the item, if it doesn’t fit in your current plan.

If you want it to fit in your plan, you could try something different. Pick the item(s) you want to eat that day, pre-log your day, and fit it (them) in there first. Then plan the rest of your meals around those items. Maybe you’ll be within your calorie goal, maybe you’ll be at your “maintenance” calorie goal. It’s your choice, and it’s ok. And you know what? If you get to the end of the day and you didn’t eat as much as you planned? Only ate one packet of treats and not two? Go back and delete what you didn’t eat. Simple as that. Much more freeing to make the choice on the front-end than to carry the guilt on the back end. The decision is made anyways, right? Own it. Plan for it. It’s freeing. And freeing when you can “undo it” and move forward if you want.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Aw, thank you so much! That's another good idea to log things at the beginning of the day. I'll definitely give it a try at some point this week ^_^
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW: 325
    CW: 313
    GW: 308 for June
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Tuesday’s
    6/8: 313
    6/15: 306.4
    6/22:
    6/29
    Total for June:

I think I’m still shedding water weight!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Cheesy
    SW: 330
    CW: 264
    GW: 259
    LTGW: 235 for a BMI of 35 per the doc

Weigh-ins Thursday’s
    6/3: 265.4
    6/10: 262.8
    6/17: 259.2
    6/24:
    Total for June:

All kinds of medical stuff lately, weight is going up down and sideways. Two big wooshes the last two days; we’ll see what the next couple days bring.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @cheesy567 good luck with your medical issues. That’s so tough!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 287
    GW:282
    LTGW: 154

Weigh-ins: Fridays
    6/4/21 = 287
    6/11/21 = 290
    6/28/21 = 290
    6/25/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 0lb
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My Numbers:
    SW: 341.8
    CW: 338.4
    GW: 329
    LTGW: 150

Weigh-ins: Friday’s
    6/4/21 = 338.4
    6/11/21 = 336.6
    6/18/21 = 333.4
    6/25/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 320’s!

So close! Only 3.4 lbs to lose the rest of this month and I’ll be in the 320’s! Such a long, long way to go. But I have to look at the small goals rather than the big picture or I’ll get discouraged.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @gnawcraft keep course and stay steady!

@glassgirlw2018 keep it up! I’m fighting the last few lbs to get to 300.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I have been having a heck of a time getting back on track, I have been staying at 361-364 since may 21, I need to get my out of this little funk and keep going. my mini goal is 350
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @Skittles2183 I’m in a funk too. It was all fun and games at first losing tons of water weight. But I hit the wall, and the negative self talk is getting louder. I’ve gone a week without a loss, and I was grumpily coming here to record my stats.

But I’m going to keep going. At least not quit yet. No matter what I KNOW that my current menu is waaay better than what I was stuffing myself with. I’m just going to take it one day at a time. My next goal is to get to a 20 lb loss. I can do it.

You can too. Help me stay on track, we’ll plug along together.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    SW: 325
    CW: 313
    GW: 308 for June
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Tuesday’s
    6/8: 313
    6/15: 306.4
    6/22: 306.4
    6/29
    Total for June:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @FancyIsMyName

You are right we can do this. I have tracked my food the last two days and I'm going to keep tracking. today my goal is to drink more water, plus walk for 30 mins as well track my food again.

We got this, its ok to have bad days but like you said don't quit
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Cheesy
    SW: 330
    CW: 264
    GW: 259
    LTGW: 235 for a BMI of 35 per the doc

Weigh-ins Thursday’s
    6/3: 265.4
    6/10: 262.8
    6/17: 259.2
    6/24: 258.8
    Total for June: -6.6

Weight finally settled out a bit, and has been 258-259 for the week. I think I’m solidly in the 250s, for the first time since 2009 maybe? :) People are noticing, so this rate of loss is definitely faster than it’s been the last year or so. I’ve had to buy all new pants and whatnot too

The weightloss clinic doc wanted me to try intermittent fasting one day a week. It hasn’t been the easiest. The fasting is easy enough, I skip enough meals that two in a row is ok. But the “you must” factor of it is too restrictive, and that’s causing problems for me. I don’t think it’s going to be sustainable for me, and that violates one of my rules for me. I have a rule that I won’t do anything to lose weight that I won’t do long-term to maintain that weightloss. Plus, I’m not sure why they want me to, since I’m losing 1-2 pounds a week, and that seems plenty fast to me. I’ll finish out the month trial as I had agreed to, maybe, and talk it over with them. But let me tell ya, I’m glad I have an arsenal of tools to manage binge urges and to recognize physiologic urges to binge, because intermittent fasting definitely triggers that urge, understandably. I *know* that restriction isn’t a good idea for me, I don’t know why I agreed to try it. I also know that I can drop this advice if I choose. That’s ok too. This weightloss doc doesn’t know everything about my situation. But she seemed to have a reason based upon my metabolism. I will have to talk it over with her.

My friend’s birthday is tomorrow, and she chose a Mexican restaurant to celebrate tonight. It’s about the first time I’ve been to a sit-down place since the pandemic started! I’ve looked through the menu and have chosen two dishes, pre-logged them as best I could, and added my “restaurant overage.” It’s an entry I made close to my macro percentage goals, and I add it in to up the calories 33% if I’m not able to weigh/ measure/ or look up the foods at a restaurant. I have one to up the foods 25% if I’m able to count/weigh/measure or otherwise more accurately guess the calories. It’s to account for the differences in ways restaurant meals are prepared (I have no idea how much oil they use to cook the meats, how much sugar is in the sauces, etc), so I add a buffer of calories. I used to travel a lot and eat out a lot, this is one way I keep on-track when eating out the majority of my meals when I can’t control how I prepare the food.

The restaurant is a family owned mexican place, so they don’t have nutritional info online. I found entries for the entrees I wanted on MFP, choose ones that were the higher end calories and the macros added up to the calories listed, and seemed reasonable to me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Best guess. They both were about 1,000 calories. So then I added my “restaurant overage” entry from my foods for an extra 331 calories, the closest I could get to 33%. I’ll go back tonight and delete the one I didn’t order, and adjust for if I ate half, or seemed like a bigger or smaller portion or whatever, or ordered something completely different. If we order an appetizer, I’ll tally the entire meal’s calories, then use that to multiply the “restaurant overage”

• FancyIsMyName
    Options
    250’s for the first time since 2009 is a huge accomplishment. It’s really encouraging as seeing some old paperwork made me realize how long I’ve been this size.

That’s a great idea about restaurants.

At this point I don’t think I’d be able to handle a very strict IF. I have had low days in Calories which I feels build a bank for a bad day. But I know if I had to skip two meals, I would be completely obsessed and distracted all day.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 287
    GW:282
    LTGW: 154

6/4/21 = 287
    6/11/21 = 290
    6/28/21 = 290
    6/25/21= 289
    Total WL/G for the month= 0lb
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Way to go @Gnawcraft! It’s been a hard month, but you’re still here, still doing the work, still checking in. You’ve got this!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Thank you <3 I've gotten rid of the treats now at least haha! <3
  • StacieBugPrude
    StacieBugPrude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Stacie 38, 5'4"
    SW: 298 (281lbs joined MFP)
    CW: 215
    GW: 212
    LTGW: 135

6/4/21 = 215 🤗
    6/11/21 =215.4
    6/18/21 =216
    6/25/21= 216.4
    Total WL/G for the month= +1.4

I'm hoping this is muscle, I've been pretty active lately. I guess the next couple weeks will be telling. It's been slow going the last couple months. I really hope i get out of 200s by end of August 🤞
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    @StacieBugPrude Keep going!