Anyone want to do a 3 month challenge?

Options
supercpa999
supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
This can be a diet or excercise or both whatever motivates you?
I would be interested in all of the above.
Please indicate interest and we will organize for 7/1 - 9/30

Replies

• pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I’m in :) my goals are pretty specific to my own life, so I’d be down for a choose-your-own-adventure type challenge
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I actually already have July's workout plan and no idea what kind of schedule I'll be looking at for August and September, but I'm sure I'll still be trying to lose a bit of fluff, so I'm totally up for a challenge group!!!

Can we do both? We can do an exercise challenge (either group or individual goals) as well as a food challenge, and then people can choose to participate in one or the other or both, but we could still have a singular group for support and such???
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! 🌈
  • CelestialInsomniac
    CelestialInsomniac Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I’m down, I’d just have to do walking for exercising right now. My doctor wants to work my way up to the gym.
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Options
    👀
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    in!
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Hello All - here is what I am proposing, please let me know what you think

3 month challenge

3 dimensions
    Logging Food & staying at it under calories goal
    Exercise
    Weight loss
    You can weight these 3 categories 15-45% with the total being 100%
    For the logging and staying at or under cal goal, evaluated weekly
    7 days = 10 points
    6 days = 8
    5 = 6
    4 and under = 0
    Exercise (any type including walking)
    5 days 20 min or more = 10 points
    4 days 20 min or more = 8
    3 days 20 min or more = 6
    2 or less = 0
    Weight loss at end of 3 months
    100 point = 100% goal
    90 points = 90% goal, etc.

We will report weekly and weight in at beginning, 6 weeks, and at end
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    This sounds awesome, and very well thought out!!!
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Ok i will start
    My CW is 291, I would like to be at 260 by 9/30
    My weighting’s are
    Logging food & staying under cal goal 1/3
    Exercise 1/3
    Weight loss 1/3
    Good luck and if you want to participate pls share your specs

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    CW 155.2, I can typically lose 2-3 lbs a month, so I'm going to aim for an aggressive 9 lbs total loss (146.2)
    I'm going with P90X and P90X3 for workouts, plus 1600 cal on Tu/Sat and 1200 cal the other 5 days
    Log all the days, do all the workouts
    I'm going to try to post daily since that typically helps keep me on track - whooo hooo, time to get started!!!!
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Great
    My first day is the start of a much need vacation so it may be a slow start for me
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 1 (7/1) - did great on the workouts, x-chest/back+ab ripper, x3-total synergistics, did maintenance (1600) on the food...was just so very hungry all day long...and maintenance is better than over eating...plus at least the nutrition was solid, not junk...it's the start of pms week for me, and this is looking like a raging appetite one, so this week will be a struggle for sure in the food arena...
  • supercpa999
    Options
    I did horrible 😞
    I am on vacation ... drank too much, no workout and ate horribly
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Day 2 (7/2) - Excellent day, workouts and food on target
    Day 3 - Excellent day, workout and food on target, which is pretty easy on a maintenance day
    Day 4- Workouts done, and it was quite a challenge to fit them in so I'm quite proud of that, but food was maintenance and was supposed to be poverty, so that's a no-go on the food goals
    Day 5 - Good day, did the P90X workouts, but skipped P90X3 CVX because I was just super gassed and with the travel and the food on target, it was just a no go...so only 75 min of workouts, which is still plenty, and if I get a day where I'm super peppy, maybe I'll try to fit that in as a makeup workout but I already have a pretty aggressive workout plan, so not sure that can realistically happen.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Ok I am down for a total fail for week 1
    6 days of vacation and I came back to a hurricane warning
    Tomorrow is a new day and I will be back stronger than ever 👍
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Week 1 went ok, but could be better...I had 90-105 min of exercise planned each day and I made all of that except for skipping 2 of the 30 min routines...but I only made my food goals 4 of the days...and 2 of those were maintenance days, so I really only stuck to poverty calories 2 days...so if I'm going to meet my fat loss goals, I'm going to have to get much better about the food...on the plus side, I did track all 7 days so that's a step up from some weeks before the challenge, so I'll take that slight win there...

Week 1 = 0pts food + 10pts exercise
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The more accountability the better, and even better from other queers. Add me as a friend!
  • CelestialInsomniac
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t been feeling well.

CW: 327lbs
    If I incorporate exercise for the week I can lose about 4-7lbs. I know once I lose a bit more weight that won’t be as much.
    I always stay under my calories and aim for a calorie deficit of 1900 as that’s my goal weight’s calorie intake well based off what’s online.
    Goal weight is 230lbs.
    I’ve stuck to portion size, low salt, low sugar meals and drinking lots of water.
    I have to work my way up to the gym so for exercising I’ll try my best to walk around and clean.

As for June 28th through now I’ve stayed under my calorie goal, I just need to add more exercising. I’ll will update in 3 days.
  • brazcub
    brazcub Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Week 2 - I did P90X every day except one, but only did X3 one day...so not as good as planned but still a solid showing...food was not in line 2 days, but 5 were good, which is way better than the prior week, and I do feel like knowing I was going to have to post this was a big help in the motivation arena.

prev - 10 pts
    Week 2 = 6pts food + 10pts exercise