July 8 Sign In

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - went on the longest bike ride I've ever done! Hours of exercise today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Had some feelings of self doubt today related to eating back my exercise calories... despite always doing this and seeing the success, I was getting in my head about it. I always tell others to give themselves grace, to trust the process, etc... but am definitely harder on myself.

My weight loss pace since I got to MFP in January has been consistent, I continue to deliver, and I know I'm doing the best I can with a lot of assessment and information. Need to continue working on absolving these feelings of guilt when I'm working the plan as it doesn't serve me at all.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to you @WhatMeRunning for creating & posting an awesome & helpful owning post…

And for ALSO commenting & encouraging other Members as Thursday Cheerleader!

WOW!!🎉👍⭐️

🌸Maddie
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    July 8

Exercise: 45 minutes mountain biking, 10 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes weight training, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Since I know that I cannot ever control anyone else nor know why someone feels the way that they do, the best that I can do is ask permission to walk alongside of another.

Yes!!! 55 pounds :) Actually I don't have to loose anymore. Just to shape and get some tuning with strength training. My husband told one of these days: "You have slender legs!". I went to the full-size mirrow to check to confirm that yes they are ;)
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    July 8, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (7 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

Great job with the nuts! Or nonuts!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Late post for me so much in house construction on Thursday the house project is finally in the home stretch next week we should have a form of normal! I logged and exercised moving and cleaning furniture and walls I stayed under.

So glad to see we are all still doing well as we approach the second week end in July
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats @alligatorob Enjoy your camping trip

@brisingr86 it may not be for everyone but I try to keep a lot of prepared stuff in the freezer and ready to eat things on hand to help with quickly getting a meal together. I also use the "save meal" feature for meals thrown together this way so if I have any sort of calorie/macro target to hit I can choose from a list of option, then just grab the components and get it quickly put together since it's either ready to go or mostlt prepared already. This does require allotting prep time. I usually dedicate part of a day where I cook up a bunch of stuff to last a couple weeks.

Nice day @LazyBlondeChef
    thabit11 wrote: »
    If I were to say something to someone, it would be to move on, and plan the next day, and as someone here once said: there is no perfect month, so don't wait for one to accomplish your goal.
    Excellent advice!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,066 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    7/8

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Used #2 pass
    1 pass day left

Atomic Habits Tiny changes. Remarkable Results James Clear is a extremely interesting book!
    1jeu7zoxws24.png

1. Hiding or shaming ourselves doesn't fix the situation. When we show up and share, we admit that we're not where we want to be, and that's where transformation happens.
    2. 99% of people pull back and hide because they want to wait until it gets better before they show up and share, thinking they have nothing worthy to offer.
    3. When you show up and share you're struggling, it gives someone else permission to realize it's OK to do the same.
    4. Consistency - not perfection is what leads to success. Being consistent is more important than all else.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Do you allow yourself that same level of support?

I try to jump right back on the horse and not beat myself up! I don’t have control over “other” people actions but I do have control over how I deal with situations! Keeping my trigger foods out of sight, helps tremendously, 👍👍

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Also, learn to measure success by how quickly you turn around a bad choice, meal, day, etc. Try to keep your bad day from becoming days, week, weeks, month, etc.

This is a new definition of 'success' for me or a different way of looking at it.
    As opposed to recovery or returning to normal etc.
    I really like it.