Nonbinary fitness pals? (NFP? lol)

VictorSmashes
VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
Hey there!

I am a nonbinary student (22) and I recently hit my all-time high after losing 50 lbs last year and gaining 60 lbs back.

I'm looking for other nonbinary/androgynous/queer (or binary and trans) friends to motivate me and for me to help motivate them. I know that a lot of people have different fitness goals but it's a little discouraging when "women" are supposed to look one way (curvy and boobs and butts, etc.) and "men" are supposed to look another way (super delts and tiny hips and straight edges, etc.).

I am slowly getting into fitness again because I grew up pretty fit and have pretty much lost it all! I lost motivation in 2010/2011 and then had a knee injury and never really went back into my routine.

Thinking a good diet/dietary change is definitely a go-to in addition to adding gym/swim days.

Would love to see more newbies but experienced peeps are super inspirational.

Vick

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I accept all friend requests, and generally don't get rid of friends unless they become inactive or creepy. I'm not sure I'm what you are looking for because I'm totally binary...but more into being fit and strong and badass than worrying about looking girly...plus, I post lots of annoying non-fitness things like cute people around the office and how the weather is today...I have been working out pretty regularly for 21 years, so definitely well entrenched in the fitness life, and I'm currently doing keto for migraine control, so not sure if you want to see my foods or see my babble but if you do, I'm in!
  • VictorSmashes
    It’s kind of my, well not opposition but attempt at inclusion contrary to the “calling all girls!” thread, or something along those lines lol Obviously this group is small and the likelihood of nonbinary fitness people (in the group) is probably slim though.

I’ll add ya!!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi! I've been looking for more queer folks as well. I'm pretty fluid between nb and binary female, but I find I'm less comfortable in the nb space when I'm surrounded by cis people. I just let them think what they want, which makes me feel like I'm letting non-cis people down... But anyway I'd love to see you on my feed! We have to stick together in this weird fit space of the interwebs!
  • VictorSmashes
    @megbeveridge93 I totally get that. It's a lot easier to conform than to stick out. Of course at least for me it certainly rocks the boat on defining sexuality lol

What kind of goals are you looking at?
  • Alex3128l
    Alex3128l Posts: 5 Member
    I’m nonbinary, interested in bodybuilding and fitness. Happy to be added.
  • pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Me! I’m 33, often masquerading as a binary trans guy but I’m non-binary for those who care to know :)
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member
    Hello, I'm Dory. I'm 31, gender fluid/transmasc/andro. My wife is also trans (binary female). Add me!