Introductions!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to the August 2021 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    If you're brand new to the group and would like -- you can take a look at our current (August) thread (link below) and get a look/feel for how we operate!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141082-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2021
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Cherie, 55yr young/old depending on what I am asking my body to do. LOL I am on the flip side of anal cancer 5 yr N.E.D the treatment did a lot of damage . I started keto in January to help my body heal from it.. Bonus is fat melting off.. Best part is ketone energy.. wooop wooop
    so since I was sedentary for so many years, I need to build muscle.. I have spent the summer playing in my gardens and with my horse.. I would like to focus on weights to build more muscle.. I will use this challenge to encourage and support lifting.
    I am excited to see an active group that encourages daily interaction.. I am a sparks transplant.
    I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
    My motto - we get more of what we are focused on!
    Let do this!
    I can't believe it is the 24 of aug already.. wow
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Mary. I am a spark people transplant. I lost over 20 lbs and then covid hit and I have been stuck in the 160s. Really want to hit 150s again. Really 150. Exercise isn’t hard for me-it’s staying below calories and tracking dinner
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,818 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Joining Sept challenge because I enjoy this group so very much. I am bON from Austin Tx and come Oct will have maintained by weight since 2017 (4 years). I am mom to a fabulous horse and 4 ornery kitties. Still working full time and back in the office since mid Jun which has been a challenge but OOPs August has been WFH again. Not sure what Sept will bring. If I have learned anything it's that altho there are some basics to weight loss and maintenance, each of us has to find out way individually and what works for one might be a disaster for someone else. Sticking with it even thru failures is how we get to the prize.

Welcome to old and new alike. I always enjoy the intros and seem to learn more about everyone every month.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Brisingr or Sarah. I'm 35 and have a 15 month old son. This is month 3 with UAC, but flaked out in August during a two week vacation so it probably doesn't really count. The challenge has really helped me get a handle on my snacking and has forced me to get more movement in my life, but I still struggle to make workouts part of a daily routine. It doesn't help that I don't particularly have a daily routine... :/

I have 30lbs to lose to get to healthy weight and would like to lose another 5 to 15 after that to get solidly into that healthy range, but will also see how I feel physically/mentally when I get there. I'm hoping to lose 5lbs in September.

I welcome new friends, but if you send me a request, please reference UAC since I generally don't accept blank friend requests.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,009 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Babs. I joined this challenge for a couple months back in 2019 and decided to join again for a little more accountability. I'm trying to get back into the habit of logging my food more consistently as a way to re-lose 5 lbs.

A little about me:
    I'm 61 years old and stand 5'3". My highest non-pregnancy weight was 175 lbs which was 20+ years ago. My lowest weight after that was 125 (for like one day!) but I found under 130 lbs wasn't sustainable for me. This year my weight has been on average about 138 lbs and I'd like to get back down to around 133.

I've been married for 34 years, we have 2 sons ages 27 and 30.
    I've been a runner since I was 47 years old.
    I post daily to another group on MFP--the 10 Cent Healthy Habits group.
    I had breast cancer when I was 39 years old so have been a survivor 22 years now!