September 6

Options
124»

Replies

• Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Need a pass day - what can I say, it was the holiday.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Sept 6 was a pass day. I had planned out my meals beautifully the day before, but we had an end of summer family day and spontaneously decided to go out to eat outside to a place with no healthy options and of course I had to eat a lot. Also celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, which requires eating a lot of apples and honey and other related treats. I guess I am aiming for being a champion, checking in regularly. I am hoping to get back to it as the kids get back to school.

1 Pass day remaining.

L'shanah Tovah, Caroline!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SEP 6 - Pass day
    Exercise ❎
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,156 Member
    Options
    9/06
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

3 Pass Days Remaining
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Pass Day. This is the last pass from a long weekend of travel. Tomorrow I am right back on track again.

Love the mantras. Thanks for posting!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Stealth addition here...

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Christina Carlyle Back Workout, 2/4 rounds (24) TOTAL: 24
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base+ 196
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 19%
    Pass Days Used:
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    SEPT 6

Exercised: Yes - long walk and a bike...hip much better...
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • patienceperfectwork
    Options
    Exercise:yep
    Calories: nope
    Tracking: yep
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    SEPT 6

Exercised: Yes - long walk and a bike...hip much better...
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used

@fourathomej I am so glad your hip is feeling better. 💛
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman Thank you...it was a very rough week!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @seilidhe Thank you!
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @donna25trinity Thanks for the encouragement on my increasing success reaching my protein target! It is really so much harder than any of the other macros!
    Have now posted this up on the “What’s on you mind today” thread so we can gather those thoughts and advice there.

I don’t want to use “supplements” for protein as my real effort is to find a way to make this a healthy path that I can keep for the remainder of my life. It ties into “I am nourishing my body with real home cooked food when I am hungry.”

I hate the taste of most protein supplements and I am trying to have as “clean” an approach to what I out into or on my body as possible. They appear to be full of chemicals and that does not work for me, at this time.

ANY insights welcomed!

@jamcnewman I use to be starving all the time but increasing my protien thru the day over the last 6 month's has def helps with my hunger. I try to limit meat to a small amount only at dinner so protien is also a bit challenging for me and like urself I dnt like the idea of protein powder so I eat the following to bump up my protien: green peas, beans and chickpeas, chia seeds, flax seeds or flaxmeal, pb2 powder which is basically low calorie peanaut butter, cottage chesse and yopro yogurt which is high in protien low in calories. I also make my own protien balls from oats and just throw in high protein ingredients. I lo've all these foods so that's a bonus. Xo
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3
    July 8/3
    August 6/3

2* yes

1/3
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @donna25trinity Thanks for the encouragement on my increasing success reaching my protein target! It is really so much harder than any of the other macros!
    Have now posted this up on the “What’s on you mind today” thread so we can gather those thoughts and advice there.

I don’t want to use “supplements” for protein as my real effort is to find a way to make this a healthy path that I can keep for the remainder of my life. It ties into “I am nourishing my body with real home cooked food when I am hungry.”

I hate the taste of most protein supplements and I am trying to have as “clean” an approach to what I out into or on my body as possible. They appear to be full of chemicals and that does not work for me, at this time.

ANY insights welcomed!

@jamcnewman I use to be starving all the time but increasing my protien thru the day over the last 6 month's has def helps with my hunger. I try to limit meat to a small amount only at dinner so protien is also a bit challenging for me and like urself I dnt like the idea of protein powder so I eat the following to bump up my protien: green peas, beans and chickpeas, chia seeds, flax seeds or flaxmeal, pb2 powder which is basically low calorie peanaut butter, cottage chesse and yopro yogurt which is high in protien low in calories. I also make my own protien balls from oats and just throw in high protein ingredients. I lo've all these foods so that's a bonus. Xo

Thanks so much for this @donna25trinity - so helpful. I picked up cottage cheese and some low fat ricotta today. I have to find PB2 again and some chia. I do use hemp hearts and flax meal already (and beans, lentils, green peas, and chickpeas). We got some dry roasted almonds and mixed nuts and I measured the micro serving that constitutes 170 calories. I will not be going nuts with nuts (but I do love them on a salad).

All the recipes for protein balls I have found have protein powder. Do you have a favourite recipe you could share?
  • donna25trinity
    Options

ANY insights welcomed!

Thanks so much for this @donna25trinity - so helpful. I picked up cottage cheese and some low fat ricotta today. I have to find PB2 again and some chia. I do use hemp hearts and flax meal already (and beans, lentils, green peas, and chickpeas). We got some dry roasted almonds and mixed nuts and I measured the micro serving that constitutes 170 calories. I will not be going nuts with nuts (but I do love them on a salad).

All the recipes for protein balls I have found have protein powder. Do you have a favourite recipe you could share?

Awesome so glad it has helped. Tuna in water is also another one that is high in protein but low in calories that I eat once in a while.

With regards to protien balls and energy bars etc I started using this recipe : https://youtu.be/PxQfeZ4A7_c and now I just modify it by adding less honey, more pb2 powder, sultanas instead of choc chips and lots of chia seeds and flaxmeal. U could add some nuts too seeing u hve self control unlike me. Lol!

For breakfast everyday I'll do ones that i bake with no honey or oil and instead i add oats chia, flax, fruit like berries, kiwi fruit, bannana and bake them. I then put a bit of high protien yougurt on top and pb2 powder etc.

• jamcnewman
    Options
    Awesome so glad it has helped. Tuna in water is also another one that is high in protein but low in calories that I eat once in a while.

With regards to protien balls and energy bars etc I started using this recipe : https://youtu.be/PxQfeZ4A7_c and now I just modify it by adding less honey, more pb2 powder, sultanas instead of choc chips and lots of chia seeds and flaxmeal. U could add some nuts too seeing u hve self control unlike me. Lol!

For breakfast everyday I'll do ones that i bake with no honey or oil and instead i add oats chia, flax, fruit like berries, kiwi fruit, bannana and bake them. I then put a bit of high protien yougurt on top and pb2 powder etc.
    @donna25trinity
    Thank you so much Donna! I am going to make them tonight and enter my modified recipe with variations into MFP. These look delicious!

I have hardboiled eggs in the fridge that I make each Sunday and cans of tuna in water too.

Julie
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options

@donna25trinity I made these today using this recipe! Oh my - they are soooo good! But they're a little high in calories for me. Ugh. So I cut mine into 16 squares to lower the calories a little. But I'll definitely keep this recipe for when I'm in maintenance when I can eat a little more calorie-wise. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

@donna25trinity I made these today using this recipe! Oh my - they are soooo good! But they're a little high in calories for me. Ugh. So I cut mine into 16 squares to lower the calories a little. But I'll definitely keep this recipe for when I'm in maintenance when I can eat a little more calorie-wise. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Im so glad u enjoyed them! Yeah I do the same thing with the portion size. I also cut the amount of honey right down and use pb2 peanaut butter powder instead of normal peanaut butter which cuts the calories down.
  • donna25trinity
    Options

@donna25trinity
    Thank you so much Donna! I am going to make them tonight and enter my modified recipe with variations into MFP. These look delicious!

I have hardboiled eggs in the fridge that I make each Sunday and cans of tuna in water too.

Julie

Awesome they are very sweet esp with sultanas so dnt be afraid reduce the amount of honey. Oh yes boiled eggs is a great one that I need to eat more of esp seeing my last lot of eggs went out of date. Also I've had a massive craving for ricotta since u mentioned it lol so am going to get myself some as a change next time im at the shops so thanks for that! Xo