Weight No More - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    Hey @hope002 !

Did you want to change your weigh day? Your current weigh day is set for Monday, so maybe I missed a request to change it? Let me know!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 171.6
    CW 171.8

Steps this week 48164. My Fitbit was not working for 2.5 days.
    I’ve really ate pretty well this week and I was a pound lighter. I ate a lot of salty food yesterday. 🤷‍♀️ I will get there! Eventually, someday. 3 more pounds!
    I realized that it’s been a year since I started this journey. My first month in the challenge was September 2020. That’s when I really buckled down and started actually trying to lose weight. Here’s to year 1! And many more to come.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 176
    Cw- 177.4
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    Stud47
    Saturday
    SW : 190 lbs
    September SW:176.36(mistake ) 176.59 lbs
    PW : 176.14 lbs
    CW: 175.92 lbs

Week loss : 0.20 lbs
    Total weight loss : 14.08 lbs
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    My scale isn’t syncing…again…😕

I don’t know what’s wrong with it.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Username: MayLan
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 248.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 248.2 lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    My scale isn’t syncing…again…😕

I don’t know what’s wrong with it.

@ha110w33nsp00k -

Oof, do you want to be excused until you can get it figured out?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited September 2021
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh day
    PW: 203.3
    CW: 206.2

Yes, the numbers are swapped from last week. I know it is water retention. And my dietary choices have been poor. I menu plan but this week I've been so tired, I don't even have energy for easy meals.

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Weigh Day
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 177.4
    Last weigh-in: 147.6
    Today's weight: 147.6
    Loss to date: 29.8

I think I'm experiencing some workout inflammation and body recomposition. I feel smaller but weigh the same. This week, I had a long outdoor bike ride with a really big hill, did major gardening, and HIIT four times. I was hungrier and listened to that on my intuitive eating days.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Anyone have feefback on a keto diet? I started a keto diet this week. Made me really tired the last few days and my 5 mile run sucked. I was really dragging. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

The biggest thing with starting the keto diet is the "keto flu" a lot of people experience during the first couple weeks. This is due to an electrolyte deficiency, since most humans get their electrolytes from the fruits and vegetables that the keto diet cuts out. The easiest way to combat this is to incorporate some electrolytes back into your diet, whether this be through food, electrolyte heavy beverages, or supplements. You can also just push through while your body readjusts to the deficiency, but there's no telling how long that may take or if there would be any lasting side effects in your body.

I knew you'd have the answer, Ashley.

• 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 171.6
    CW 171.8

Steps this week 48164. My Fitbit was not working for 2.5 days.
    I’ve really ate pretty well this week and I was a pound lighter. I ate a lot of salty food yesterday. 🤷‍♀️ I will get there! Eventually, someday. 3 more pounds!
    I realized that it’s been a year since I started this journey. My first month in the challenge was September 2020. That’s when I really buckled down and started actually trying to lose weight. Here’s to year 1! And many more to come.

Happy Anniversary, Kandi! It's good to think of it as a long journey. I'm all about the journey. You've done so well and are an inspiration of perseverance and balance.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Stud47 wrote: »
    Stud47
    Saturday
    SW : 190 lbs
    September SW:176.36(mistake ) 176.59 lbs
    PW : 176.14 lbs
    CW: 175.92 lbs

Week loss : 0.20 lbs
    Total weight loss : 14.08 lbs

Way to go!
  • 1theresamcvean
    5K Day!!!

We walked for pastry and did about 3.8 miles (slightly more that the 5 K specified. We took about an hour 20 to do it, so slightly less than 3 mph but not too bad. We saw pretty flowers, a lot of pooch pals (there's a dog that looks like a white husky with a black blaze on her back that we always stop and chat with), some bees and some cool sculpture.

Great pics and thanks for sharing! I'll post some tomorrow, when I do a long walk.
  • 1theresamcvean
    MayLan wrote: »
    Username: MayLan
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 248.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 248.2 lbs

Great weigh in!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh day
    PW: 203.3
    CW: 206.2

Yes, the numbers are swapped from last week. I know it is water retention. And my dietary choices have been poor. I menu plan but this week I've been so tired, I don't even have energy for easy meals.

You'll bounce back, Melanie.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited September 2021
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    Rachelrjh
    Friday
    Pw: 144
    Cw: 142 pounds

Way to go!
  • 1theresamcvean
    PW 185.6
    CW 185.2
    Steps 32975

The holiday got me. I went over my calorie goal 4 days in a row. I lost a little bit but not like the previous week.

My grandson turns 3 weeks old on Sunday. He is such a joy. I keep thinking about him and his little cousins that will be here soon (my two granddaughters that are due). I'm thinking how I want to be around for a long time for them. Maybe I am grateful that my kids have made me an old first time grandmother at 57.

The leaves are turning here in Boise. The greenbelt is getting colorful and I am looking forward to spending time outside in my favorite season.

Thanks, team for your encouragement. It does make me work harder on my goals so I can contribute.

Great weigh in. Grandchildren are part of my motivation too.
This discussion has been closed.