Options
cherie8525
cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
Name - Cherie
Location - Vermont
Zone - 4b
Growing experience - Home grower, Years on perennial about 4 in vegetables
Favorite veg to grow? Tomatoes and winter squash
Most difficult veg to grow? any that take a long time, my growing season is about 3 month
Favorite Blooms? zinnas and lilys
Most difficult Bloom? Bind weed and mugwort are to willing to spread
Favorite Herb? Cat nip - the tincture has been a life changer for me
hardest Herb to grow - Rosemary
Anything else you would like to share?
My name is Cherie, I live in Vermont, I created this group after coming over from Sparks closing :(
I live above the snow belt zone 4b
Happily married, together we have raised 4 humans and countless furry and feather kids
we have a small homestead, currently we have 14 chickens, 10 turkeys, 6 goats, one doe in milk, I LOVE MILKING. My beautiful horse Pasha, who is 4 this year. along with meat rabbits.
Inside where blessed with 2 cats and 5 standard poodle and 6 french bulldogs. Yep lots of fur kids..
I live to play with my horse and Play in my Garden! !!!
what are you passions?
what do you like to grow

Replies

• cherie8525
    Options
    @Nipchkin
    I dream of a warmer, longer growing season.. Not the bugs or snakes LOL
  • MAMADEE016
    MAMADEE016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name - Andee (MAMADEE016 on SP)
    Location - Wisconsin (north central)
    Zone - 4b
    Growing experience - sporadic - now limited to container growing
    Favorite veg to grow? Snap peas
    Most difficult veg to grow? --- really no idea now
    Favorite Blooms? roses
    Most difficult Bloom? ---
    Favorite Herb? no fav
    hardest Herb to grow - Rosemary!
    Anything else you would like to share?
    My name is Andee. I'm single (divorced 23 yrs ago); raised 6 special kids; love the beach; disabled by way of domestic abuse & pharmaceuticals; self-taught herbalism, homeopathy, and functional health; needing only organic, whole foods so having to grow most of them to keep it all affordable - I think! Still very much a work in progress.
    I'm in the upper middle part of Wisconsin where the first freeze is usually in October and the last is often in May, so outdoor growing season is at best 16 weeks. I need to learn how to grow indoors too. It's a frustrating experience for me because, honestly, more of my plants fail to thrive than grow well enough to provide me with food... but I keep working on it & I will learn what's needed in this too!
  • cherie8525
    Options
    @MAMADEE016
    Welcome and thank you for your intro.. I have been away horse camping, How is your current garden. I too have a really short growing season.. this years lack of sun has left my garden small.. Finally the tomatoes are coming in
    qr9se4m1z684.jpg
    I grew them on a trellis this year, and per usual over planted uggggg