New guy here😊👍🏻

Options
ceedatt
ceedatt Posts: 13 Member
I’m new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Casey and I’m 39 years old. I had the Obera Balloon weight loss procedure on 9/3/21. I’m hoping to get 75 pounds off over the next 6 months. I’m committed to checking in daily and recording my eating habits and exercise.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,649 Member
    Options
    Welcome Casey! My name is Lee and I'm 60 years old. Congrats on committing to getting yourself to a healthier weight.

We are an eclectic board and we check in daily. Most of us are in maintenance, but not me. I had lost over 100 lbs and then some health issues limited my mobility and energy and I put on almost 75 lbs. I am down 16 lbs and still working on it with the support of this group.

We also share bits of our lives that are peripheral to weight loss.

Hope we can help you on your journey.

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Welcome Casey!

I'm a 61 year old accountant that lives in the Kansas City area. At one point in time, I lost over 30 pounds on the old Weight Watcher's program. Since then, I have put it all back on. It has been a struggle for me to lose. I have another 30 pounds to go.

I welcome you to the group, and wish you well with your journey

Steve
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Casey. I try to check in daily and I find the group helps me to stay focused on controlling weight. I’m 72, lost 47 after joining WW 20 years ago but eventually gained back 30 lbs. Gradually getting that back under control… it’s a lifelong journey, not a dash to the finish line and then off to the pub to celebrate.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,886 Member
    Options
    Hi Casey. I'm Dave, a 71-year old retired soldier. I lost 60 lbs. on WW 13 years ago. I gained 30 of that back but have dropped again to hang around near my old WW goal weight. The strength of this board is the support it provides for the rest of life - not just a focus on diet. We see each other through a lot of challenges, both physical and mental. Hope you'll stick around.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome Casey, I'm Bill. I'm 67 and lost over 100lbs on WW 2x. Back issues lead me to gain a large chunk back but I am down almost 40lbs in 11 mos and will get there. We are a pretty relaxed supportive group what ever you are facing.
  • ceedatt
    ceedatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the welcome guys
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Welcome Casey,
    I'm Sam, 69 from Georgia, loss a good bit on WW back in 2009 then started working for them; earlier this year WW let me go gave me life time membership whether I am at goal or not. Good thing since I'm way over goal. I am going to have to get back down seems I have have cartridge issue with knee.