Saxenda and fatigue

Options
jeanjean619
jeanjean619 Posts: 31 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Has anyone else experienced extreme fatigue when taking saxenda? I just tried it again for the third time and can't seem to make it past day three before I just stop because I dont have the energy to do anything at all!! When I mention to my doctor how I feel and that I stopped he says to try it again (and that this is not a side effect) but I don't understand what is making me feel this way. It makes me feel like I have absolutely no metabolism left. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yeah! I was falling asleep in the middle of the day for the first month. For me it was a one of the most immediate and prominent side effects. I'd be lying if I said it completely went away for me..
  • jeanjean619
    jeanjean619 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Acacia2India!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What time of day are you taking it...I started taking it in the morning and found I was very tired by noon.....I switched to taking it at bedtime and the fatigue is much better now....I still have my days where I don't wanna do a thing but they are few and far between now
  • WxGirLiz
    WxGirLiz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I take it in the morning as recommended by Saxenda(Canada). Yesterday by mid afternoon I could barely keep my eyes open. A coffee and Fibre One Chocolate Chip cookie pulled me through the afternoon.
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I had a sluggish week one. Better by week 2. Try to stick it out. Well worth it!!
    De7Inhim
  • esaunders1103
    esaunders1103 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So does the fatigue eventually go away after taking it for awhile ? About how long was the adjustment period ?
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 and I feel very tired. I was taking it in the afternoons and needed a nap. I am now taking it around 7pm
  • stacydianereagan
    stacydianereagan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take it around dinner time, and I don't have fatigue. I have been on it for 5 weeks.
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I take it before bed and I don't have any trouble with fatigue. I did a little bit the first couple of weeks but I was also going to bed really late, so it was my own fault.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 and I don't have as much fatigue as when I first started the medication. I was having to take a nap on some days!
  • stephakneeeee
    stephakneeeee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this so bad right now. I started on the lowest dose but now I'm on my third week at 1.8 and I'm having the hardest time! I take it at bedtime, but I'm constantly yawning and foggy throughout the day... I hope this goes away :( I won't be able to stay on this if the fatigue keeps up. I need to be really alert and quick for work.

Does the fatigue continue for the following increases or do you find your bodies have adjusted by the time you get to the final dose?
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It didn't last for me. I was on it for a year.
  • maneetk2000
    maneetk2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first week and I take it before bed but still feel tired the other day. My BP drops and I feel extremely fatigued. Has anybody else has experienced low BP issue?
  • charris151
    charris151 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take it at bedtime and haven't noticed any fatigue. My adverse symptoms were mostly GI at the beginning but have all subsided now. I've been taking Saxenda since May 2017.
  • katmiller00055
    katmiller00055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd week on it and I am so tired I need a Red Bull in the morning. I could probably drink 2 or 3 more through out the day and still have no energy. I take my shot in the morning. I hope this gets better soon. I can't take this much longer.
  • mara2019
    mara2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been of Saxenda 5 weeks now fatigue is actually worse give it a few more weeks if not any better will quit because what’s the point being so tired no energy to excercise and the fatigue causes sugar cravings and no energy to food prep and eat healthy .Started off good first 2 weeks lost 3kilos few side effects , not worth the risk this medication if fatigue doesn’t improve .
  • dkelly145
    dkelly145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on saxenda for 4 months, so far I have lost 32 pounds. I experienced the extreme fatigue, so i started taking it at night. This solved the fatigue issue. I make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. I lose for several days and then plateau for a few days, then lose again. Completely worth it!
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I also have severe fatigue. Told my doc so they did labs. Thought maybe my thyroid was being a brat again. Turns out I’m severely anemic.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice any fatigue more than usual. I have been taking Saxenda for 4 months and have lost between 15 and 20lbs with Saxenda.