How much weight lost in how long of a time period?

Options
TyzMomma
TyzMomma Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! I just started Saxenda & am curious how much weight people have lost in how long of a time period?

Replies

• blairhand
    blairhand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs in almost 6 weeks :)
  • 2021WLjourney
    2021WLjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost ~50 lbs over 9 months in 2015.
    But beware, obesity is a chronic illness. Unless you find another way to manage, stopping Saxenda will slowly bring the pounds back.

I am starting out at a much higher weight than I was before and am now prepared to use Saxenda for years to come.

There is a reason why insurers now consider it a “maintenance medication” for obesity. Not just for the weight loss, but also beyond.
  • mathgal2003
    mathgal2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on Saxenda since Sept 2017. I lost 50lbs in the first year and had maintained it up until the pandemic. I have now gained 20lbs back it seems to not be working like it used to. In all honesty I did stop tracking and exercise was impacted as well. But the "feeling fuller longer" from Saxenda seems to have weakened as well. Anyone having similar issues after prolonged use?
  • MsNialyte
    MsNialyte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been on Saxenda for 2 months now and have lost 17lb so far.
  • pjhsflower
    pjhsflower Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the similar experience as mathgal2003. I lost probably close to 70lbs total over a year and it was amazing. My stomach became very sore from the injections though and after a while I felt like I wasn’t absorbing it as well. So I took a break from it, also during the pandemic. I’m definitely back up about 25lbs.
    Two months ago I asked to go back on it but instead my doctor prescribed dulaglutide since it’s a once a week injection. I’ve barely lost 3lbs on it. Actually have a doctors visit this morning.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I started Saxenda at the end of May of 2021 and am currently at a 15 - 20 lb loss. I am hoping to lose between 30 to 40 more. :)
  • lrf56
    lrf56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 lbs from aug 2022 to today
  • danishgirlagain
    danishgirlagain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am taking my shot every morning but it seems to be less effective as before. It's been about 2 months so far and I have lost about 10 pounds but the last few weeks its been up a pound, down a pound which is frustrating. I follow very closely and try to stay between 1200 and 1300 cal per day. Anyone else have this experience?