October 2

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    October 2

✅ Exercise - Walk and core isometrics routine.
    ❌ Calories - I could almost call this a YES, but I feel better scoring it as a NO because I ended the day just below maintenance, which is not how a normally successful day would end up.
    ✅ Tracked - All of it, but I ran out of meal slots in my diary so I combined things, most are two meals with half of the listed quantity per actual meal.

2 Pass days used

New Saturday routine for October in spoiler
    Today was the first day of a new Saturday routine with the goal to see if it helps my plantar fasciitis. It's a long tale about benefits or the lack thereof between resting it and continuing to walk on it. In short when I wasn't able to fit my walk in last Saturday it seemed to feel some actual relief. So I'm repeating that to evaluate if it is actually helping or not.

The new Saturday routine is a core strength isometric routine for my daily exercise and otherwise resting my foot for the day.

I woke up a little early today though and decided to get a short 1 mile slow walk in. I doubt that will change the "resting" intent of the day for my foot, all things considered, since I usually had 6-7 miles walking on Saturdays over the last couple months.

Dealt with hunger cravings today...
    Today I was hungry after breakfast, and kept finding myself in the kitchen. I was craving peanut butter again. I couldn't seem to come up with anything else to eat, my mind kept going to peanut butter. So I finally made myself grab something other than peanut butter and made myself sit down and eat it slowly. It was extremely satisfying while eating it and I wanted more afterwards. That was my clue that this is just hunger, and not some craving due to a nutrient deficiency. My body just wanted a calorie bomb or three.

I gave myself 30 minutes after eating to verify that I was still hungry (I was) so I started allowing myself to eat other small things, about 200-ish calories each, all close to zero carb (due to keto and to avoid blood sugar interfering with these signals) spacing each of these meals about 30 to 60 minutes apart to verify I was still hungry. The goal was to feed this hunger, not stuff my face to excess, and find the point at which I finally felt satiated. I started to feel a bit more normal by around 4pm and was able to finish the day just under maintenance (67 under adjusted TDEE).

I plan to repeat the same small meal strategy tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I'll still feel satisfied an hour after breakfast! I was planning on chili tomorrow (which can be a calorie bomb), but I'll take whatever I can get so long as I'm not going off the rails!
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I did my first Epic workout today I have to admit I did modify it to meet my needs but with that said I did fine.

Wow, impressive!

@WhatMeRunning Sorry you are having a tough day!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Huzzah, a successful day!
    Tracking: yep
    Calories: yep
    Exercise: jog/walked 5kms and only got rained on a tiny bit hahah

Good grief it's hard getting up and leaving the house to do exercise... If anyone has helpful tips I'm all ears 😅

Ha ha i feel u!!! I did the gym thing for many years and suited me at the time. But since having bub I'm enjoying bashing out a quick weights session in front of the television.. I hve even been guilty of doing it in my PJs on the odd occasion. Lol!! No doubt u will find wat works 4 u!!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good grief it's hard getting up and leaving the house to do exercise... If anyone has helpful tips I'm all ears 😅
    Just get it out of the way ASAP, like ripping off a bandage. Get out on that walk/run before your brain is alert enough to figure out what you're doing!

Ha ha love this i agree 1st thing is always the best!!!