Microwave Meals and Drinks

Options
ON_A_DIET
ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
This is where we discuss everything microwave! Today, I am personally discussing with you a Microwave Quesadilla. So easy. The video features chicken, but you can use any protein that you want. My choice would be salami or pepperoni. But when my pantry is empty, I usually have a few cans of chicken breast.

I often use pizza sauce for a quesadilla.

Want more toppings? Go for it! I like mushrooms.

I hope you like the YouTube video on preparing Microwave Quesadilla!

https://youtu.be/kJBwOyGskug

Replies

• ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Would you like a cookie? Like now with a glass of milk? This YouTube video shows you how to prepare in a microwave! Yep, who needs to buy an entire bunch at the grocery store! There are not very many ingredients that the recipe calls for. So, very frugal.

I hope that you like!

https://youtu.be/Z6a6x0tH_pU
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    This recipe is for microwavable potato salad! Woo Hoo! Now you do not need to wait for those darn potatoes to boil forever! If you want even faster, forget about hard-boiled eggs. But, that is up to you. I absolutely love hard-boiled eggs but stink at preparing the darn hard-boiled eggs!

The author of the recipe said to not use russet. However, I choose to use russet, as russets are the only potato I have ever worked with.

I hope you like the recipe! I think that I am preparing this recipe for dinner!

https://thedailymeal.com/recipes/microwavable-potato-salad-recipe
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I microwave about three red potatoes, and just before they are done, I cut them open and out dried parsley and butter on top. Then I finish cooking them.

My mom used to boil the potatoes on top of the stove then drain them and melt the butter and parsley which was a big production. My way it takes under 4 minutes. I like red potatoes or little gold potatoes for this, and you leave the peel on.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    That potato salad sounds good!
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    I microwave about three red potatoes, and just before they are done, I cut them open and out dried parsley and butter on top. Then I finish cooking them.

My mom used to boil the potatoes on top of the stove then drain them and melt the butter and parsley which was a big production. My way it takes under 4 minutes. I like red potatoes or little gold potatoes for this, and you leave the peel on.

Would russets work? How many minutes in the microwave? Thank you!
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    I found yet another quick and easy microwave potato recipe. I hope that you like it!

https://food.com/recipe/easy-microwave-potatoes-204071
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Would you like to know my way of making affordable pizza or enchilada? Grab 2 flour tortilla, pizza sauce or salsa, cheese and toppings of your choice...

Place 1 tortilla down on a microwaveable plate, layer sauce, then cheese and toppings. Place the other tortilla wrap on top.

Microwave for one minute.

Voila!
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want pasta in a hurry, simply place pasta in a microwavable bowl filled with water and nuke for 20 to 23 minutes. Done!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options

For lunch today, I cut up russet potatoes into coin-size pieces, poured melted butter over and sprinkle salt, pepper and red pepper flakes over. Nuked for 8 minutes.

I thought that they were delicious. My roommate pouted that they were not done. She never thanks me. She always complains.

Want to be roommates? :smiley::wink:
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Do you believe ramen noodles have 380 calories in a pack?

I like ramen noodles though, especially when I do not feel like cooking.

I had beef ramen for lunch and then having beef ramen for dinner.

I place a package of ramen or 2 in a microwavable bowl. Pour in about 3 to 4 cups of water. Nuke for 6 minutes. Stir. Voila!

Do you like ramen noodles?

• beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Those potatoes sounded good! I like potatoes to be underdone as they release less insulin into your blood!

My sister cuts up russet potatoes, sprays them with olive oil, and sprinkles herbs and garlic salt on them. Then she bakes them in the oven at 350 degrees F. I don't know for how long but you could test them with a knife.

Does your complaining roommate ever cook?
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    My complaining roommate has now taken over the kitchen. Our kitchen is being remodeled and she calls it "her' kitchen.