Saturday Cup of Winery Wine - 10.23.21

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
Morning Cuppa Joe

"....but I've read the script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part." ~Cleopatra

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

DW and I up early to pack cooler for road trip. 20 friends/neighbors/coworkers joining us at

https://www.bbvwine.com

Exceptional views and wines. Looking forward. Hope to be hope in time for Braves first pitch!

NOT happy Houston advanced.

Enjoy the day!

~Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

The Kraken have their first home game in Seattle, tonight. Wish I could get interested, but it's hockey, so my interest level is at about a 5 out of 10.

Sassy has a vet appointment, for another shot, this morning, and we have a pumpkin carving thing at church this afternoon. In between, I need to get Sassy out for her daily walk. So I probably won't watch much college football, today, either. Go Ducks, anyway!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Headed the three blocks to downtown soon for the farmers market, the maybe 2 miles to the art fair then back downtown for the day of the dead festival.

This afternoon there is a K9 police demo at a brewery but we would have to drive so will see what traffic is like with all the activities nearby. Plus expect to see many tubers on the river since it is the weekend and still in the 80’s. We see 5-10 every day.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Have a great time Skip
    When Atlanta had a hockey team, enjoyed going then ticket prices kept rising where I could not justify cost. Now would not put up with crowds or effort to get to any game.
    DD loves living in neighborhood where everything is within walking distance, I rather be farther away with less density.
    Have not heard weather DMIL will be back today or tomorrow, know she will be back only had 24 days of meds.
    GA does not play this week, will be watching Braves this evening
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • DW says she is feeling better today. Delaying taking the pain meds until needed. That is a good sign.
    • Sounds like a fun place Steph.
    • Hockey's not my sport either. I blame it on growing up in the South.
    • Mary, I noticed the Mean Green was having a tough season but I didn't want to say anything.
    • Bulldogs aren't playing today, pulling for Air Force. They have a tough game against undefeated San Diego State.
    • Headed on the motorcycles to Fresh Aire BBQ for lunch.
    • Go Braves!
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    We met the other Toller in the neighborhood today - very rare to see another Toller let alone in our neighborhood - they summer up north so first meeting was today. Nice dog and owner.
    Making my first visit to our local fire station to introduce Larry - I hope to be able to train there around equipment, noise, people etc. Fingers crossed.
    HD picked up my bike yesterday - chronically dead battery - arg.
    Dennis - glad DW is feeling better.
    Steph - police demos are fun to watch - let us know if you make it there.
    Bill - enjoy your wine adventure.
    David - Sassy is growing fast!
    Do good out there everyone.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good morning

I packed his coffee maker last night thinking I could walk to get a coffee here....there nothing around here for miles, geez. And I passed at dropping him at the stadium and keeping his car. Oh well Coke zero it is. Birthday dinner out tonight to celebrate his 36th and my 57th. How'd he grow up so fast, How'd I grow up so fast lol. I wish he'd find the love of his life sometime soon. But I don't meddle lol. He wouldn't allow me to anyway ha!

Mean Green moves into the AAC conference and ds1 says it'll be a good thing down the road and for years to come. Hopefully get some better recruiting success....

Beautiful weather here in Denton.

I miss my Tom... I hear he's on leaf and lawn duty today at our main Homestead...

Enjoy the winery friends day Skip. And the small town vibe Steph.

Good for Larry to do some firehouse visits. Hope the HD is a reasonable fix Raine!

Ride safe Dennis, glad Kris is better today.

Looks like Lisa and Jim had a nice time in Cincinnati!

Sam are you hosting a welcome home party for dmil ;)

Dave enjoy Sassy and pumpkin carving

I bet Lee and Babe are at trials?

Be safe BBB