Growing the group?

Options
ideas2
ideas2 Posts: 1,261 Member
I am still a little bit confused by the way the message boards work here. Mine does not show the introductions thread anymore. Does yours? Do threads get deleted or go inactive and not show after a time?
I have seen relatively recent posts by Ladybug, Swimmom, and Cory, but don´t recall recent acitvity from anyone else, including Sharon who started the group-- so I went to check the introductions and see whom I might have missed.

Because Sharon was not active much after forming the group, I sent her a private message on Sept 21, asking her about her plans for the group and I have not received a response. I fear that either something happened to her or that she may have started the group but not have plans to participate.

Do you all think it is viable to invite more people to the group without Sharon´s involvement? Or to try to facilitate growth of discussion and positive norms for the group without our original leader? I am not sure I can find the thread about Sharon where this group was proposed, but I don´t believe this group was ever posted on that thread and I think there are more recent people who had posted to the thread saying they would like to be in such a group. I also saw someone in one of my other groups that I might like to invite to the group (a 56 year old woman with 100 pounds to lose) but was not sure about the ability to do so.

Susan

Replies

• jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you bring up a valid point and I also am quite confused by these boards. I'm not sure how the permissions work but it wouldn't hurt to try and invite someone .
  • WaterlogDog
    WaterlogDog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are listed under "community" then "groups" and then a person has to scroll past the groups that have 30,000+ members to get to the smaller groups such as yourselves. I believe I found you on page 7 or 8. :) Not sure if you could post a message on the actual boards about the group, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
  • bloomnsunshine
    bloomnsunshine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found this group again. I too am having a lot of trouble finding my way around this app. I'm getting better, slowly.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Not sure what happened as using my older work computer .... but things are configured completely differently and hating it so far. It's like 90% has poofed. and what's left is NOT user friendly. :#
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    @cory17, MyFitnessPal did an ¨upgrade¨of their forums. In a much bigger, older group, numerous people have mentioned how much they hate it. It definitely does not appear to me to be improved yet.